Discussion Board

Post application about streaming (receive stream content)

i'm interest about open source applications and games. i'd like to use all the things we can do with my new nokia 8500 xpress music. I try to find a program like winamp or may be a player for windows media streaming or AAC+ that i'd like to use principaly with wi-fi connection at home or in other places. I found this application at: http://opensource.nokia.com/projects...dio/index.html, it says:

"The application also supports local playback of audio files in the following formats: MP3, AAC, eAAC+, MP4, M4A, WMA, 3GPP, AMR, and WAV. Note that some formats may not be supported on some S60 products. This is dependent on the codecs that are available on specific phone models"

but i know that my nokia support some formats like AAC and asx or mms streaming windows media(microsoft):
    Audio Formats AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, eAAC+, M4A, MIDI Tones (poly 64), Mobile XMF, MP3, MP4, RealAudio 7,8,10, SP-MIDI, True tones, WAV, WMA
    because for now i use real player for read mp3 or ram,ra contents audio or video but with AAC, mms
    content doesn't work

my questions are:

1)can i install this application on my nokia? all format support by my nokia will be readable now with this software (i can't sdo this with real player)?
    2)if not,how can install without problem, without conflit between application the other formats supported by this application?is it possible?
    3) i have a doubt: i'm new about symbian, i suppose my nokia have S60 5° edition system, is correct? and can i install application that runs with other S60 old version like 3° or 2° edition?
    4)you knows a program for reading streaming windows media content (asf, mms video)?

thank you very much

Roby
    Last edited by robyp1; 2008-12-27 at 12:47.

Re: application about streaming (receive stream content)

Quote Originally Posted by robyp1 View Post

1)can i install this application on my nokia? all format support by my nokia will be readable now with this software (i can't sdo this with real player)?
    2)if not,how can install without problem, without conflit between application the other formats supported by this application?is it possible?
    3) i have a doubt: i'm new about symbian, i suppose my nokia have S60 5° edition system, is correct? and can i install application that runs with other S60 old version like 3° or 2° edition?
    4)you knows a program for reading streaming windows media content (asf, mms video)?
    Hi Robyp1,

Something for you;

1) Usually these apps are compatible with newer editions. Try to install so you´ll see. Internet Radio Client supports many formats like it is mentioned in it´s glossary. I´m kind of wondering that playing WMA and other new-to-nokia files should work also with real player on your mobile too.
    2) Do you mean file associations as a conflict?
    3) Correct, http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/5800_XpressMusic. As mentioned usually older apps are working quite well.

-juussi

2) yeah i mean about confliting file association basically

it is stranger about real player that can't read some file format like wm..with my pc wm work fine also in real player, maybe the real player version in my phone doesn't support these kind of files formats (version S60 HX 11 sep 2008)and my real version from pc does (real player 10.5)..
    i don't know!

i try to install the S6 3° ed but it gove me this error "certificate error, contact the producer"
    and the 2° ed it say that "this version is not supported"

Quote Originally Posted by jkangaso View Post
    Hi Robyp1,

Something for you;

1) Usually these apps are compatible with newer editions. Try to install so you´ll see. Internet Radio Client supports many formats like it is mentioned in it´s glossary. I´m kind of wondering that playing WMA and other new-to-nokia files should work also with real player on your mobile too.
    2) Do you mean file associations as a conflict?
    3) Correct, http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/5800_XpressMusic. As mentioned usually older apps are working quite well.

-juussi
    Last edited by robyp1; 2008-12-27 at 20:32.

2) yeah i mean about confliting file association basically

it is stranger about real player that can't read some file format like wm..with my pc wm work fine also in real player, maybe the real player version in my phone doesn't support these kind of files formats (version S60 HX 11 sep 2008)and my real version from pc does (real player 10.5)..
    i don't know!
    Well, that´s just another app running on your mobile.

i try to install the S6 3° ed but it gove me this error "certificate error, contact the producer"
    and the 2° ed it say that "this version is not supported"
    You probably have tried installing unsigned application. Signing is mandatory process in S60 3rd Edition and later. You can use self-signed certificate or developer certificate from Symbian Signed to sign application.

In 3rd edt. it´s possible to turn off certificate check. I don´t know if this works on 5´th edt too. Check: http://thinkabdul.com/2006/07/12/turn-off-certificate-checking-in-s60-v3-mobiles/

excuse me, i try to account on https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page but he responds that my mail
    is not ok, it is not private, do you know a mail hosting when i can create an email account that is accepting for symbiansigned?
    thank u

Well, that´s just another app running on your mobile.

You probably have tried installing unsigned application. Signing is mandatory process in S60 3rd Edition and later. You can use self-signed certificate or developer certificate from Symbian Signed to sign application.

In 3rd edt. it´s possible to turn off certificate check. I don´t know if this works on 5´th edt too. Check: http://thinkabdul.com/2006/07/12/turn-off-certificate-checking-in-s60-v3-mobiles/

do you know a mail hosting when i can create an email account that is accepting for symbiansigned?
    I suggest you to contact symbian.com http://www.symbian.com/about/contact.asp

my application have just been signed, i have contacted the symbian signed site using the web form where file can be sendend than a reply mail back to you with signed file.

thank you
    bye

I suggest you to contact symbian.com http://www.symbian.com/about/contact.asp