Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Access MWS Via BT PAN

I know that its possible, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it, so I'm asking here.

I read in some older documentation that the MWS was initially tried with one being able to access it via a Bluetooth PAN. Is this still possible? And if so, what are the steps towards enabling this?

Reason behind this: I'd like to setup browser shortcuts to the Gallery, Calendar, Messaging, and Blog so that I could access them as if they were a browser-based local application on my PC, but not have to wade thru the going back and forth with the gateway.

It would totally replace PC Suite/Communications Center for me if this were possible. And (I'm sure you've all thought of it) for a lot of other people too.
    http://antoinerjwright.com - an MWS hosted site

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Access MWS Via BT PAN

Quote Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
    I read in some older documentation that the MWS was initially tried with one being able to access it via a Bluetooth PAN. Is this still possible? And if so, what are the steps towards enabling this?
    Yes and no.

Provided you have a Bluetooth PAN implementation for Symbian it will work. The web-server of MWS listens on port 80 and it responds to requests regardless of where they come from. However, I'm not aware of a public PAN implementation for Symbian. The one we used was an experimental one.

Reason behind this: I'd like to setup browser shortcuts to the Gallery, Calendar, Messaging, and Blog so that I could access them as if they were a browser-based local application on my PC, but not have to wade thru the going back and forth with the gateway.
    Couldn't you use WLAN for that?

It would totally replace PC Suite/Communications Center for me if this were possible. And (I'm sure you've all thought of it) for a lot of other people too.
    Yes it could, and would turn every PC (not just your own) into a potential peripheral of your phone.

Johan

Regular Contributor

Re: Access MWS Via BT PAN

I could use WLAN; just would need to make it seemless in terms of straight connecting. When when on WLAN, I'm already over a network, seems less of a straightline I guess.

Thanks.
    http://antoinerjwright.com - an MWS hosted site