Discussion Board

Angry APS for S60 v3.0 Initial release?

Hi,

I am able to locate Audio Proxy Serve SDK plugin for S60 v3 MR and FP1. However, I'm also targeting the E61i which has just S60 v3 initial release. Is there a APS available for the initial release. Since the VoIP API is not available for release below FP1, I'm stuck with the APS choice, and even that does not seem to be available for the initial release.

Why is there so much confusion around audio routing to uplink? What is the best way to write an app that will work on most s60 v3 devices? Please advise.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: APS for S60 v3.0 Initial release?

S60 3rd Edition SDK MR is compatible with S60 3rd Edition SDK and the S60 3rd Edition devices and is the only SDK to be used for them. The reason the MR version was released is that it brings a lots of bug fixes and improvements and not that it brings more features or compatibility with certain devices.

So, use S60 3rd Edition MR (and the corresponding plug-ins) for all S60 3rd Edition devices.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: APS for S60 v3.0 Initial release?

This is correct that use S60 3rd Edition MR (and the corresponding plug-ins) for all S60 3rd Edition devices.
    But for APS, the aps.sis installed on the device need align with the sdk version.
    Reggie Zhang
    http://www.mobiledev.org.cn