Discussion Board

N95 Capture speed and Image format

Hello,
    Do you have any idea, how I can get from camera image in YUVxxx or RGBxxx format. I tried to use as follows:

PrepareImageCaptureL(EFormatYUV422, iImageIndex));
    PrepareImageCaptureL(EFormatRGB888, iImageIndex));

But Prepare was returned an Error "Feature not supported". Only Exif type is supported OK.

Second issue.
    I get one capture per second. It is very slow for me. I nedeed to take five captures per second. Is it limitation of camera(sensor) or implementation's problem?
    Maybe,do you know about any example the does fast capturing on N95 8GB? (in additional an example image format)

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: N95 Capture speed and Image format

Instead of trial-and-error you can check TCameraInfo::iImageFormatsSupported. The YUV formats are usually supported for video recording (so you will probably find some of them in iVideoFrameFormatsSupported), and I do not remember if I have ever seen the RGBxy formats to be supported anywhere. However some of the EFormatFbsBitmapColorxy formats are likely to be supported.

Since Exif is a compressed format, its speed largely depends on the capture size (it probably matters a lot less in case of uncompressed formats).

Re: N95 Capture speed and Image format

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Instead of trial-and-error you can check TCameraInfo::iImageFormatsSupported. The YUV formats are usually supported for video recording (so you will probably find some of them in iVideoFrameFormatsSupported), and I do not remember if I have ever seen the RGBxy formats to be supported anywhere. However some of the EFormatFbsBitmapColorxy formats are likely to be supported.

Since Exif is a compressed format, its speed largely depends on the capture size (it probably matters a lot less in case of uncompressed formats).