Discussion Board

Playing audio and call

Hi All

I am playing with N95 (S60 3rd) and as far as I can tell I cannot play sound if there is a phone call in progress. Think of sharing with friends latest ring tone or song while we talk..

1) Is there a way to get around it and play sound even though a phone call is active (in any state)?
    2) Maybe its only my N95? Are there known device models where this works fine?

The official API doc says you can inject sound to the other party if you play() while a phone call is connected and active but even that doesnt seem to work for me.

I have been using code similar to the audio/sound examples, nothing too fancy (and some fancy code as well

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Playing audio and call

Quote Originally Posted by rudnik_lior View Post
    Hi All

I am playing with N95 (S60 3rd) and as far as I can tell I cannot play sound if there is a phone call in progress. Think of sharing with friends latest ring tone or song while we talk..

1) Is there a way to get around it and play sound even though a phone call is active (in any state)?
    2) Maybe its only my N95? Are there known device models where this works fine?

The official API doc says you can inject sound to the other party if you play() while a phone call is connected and active but even that doesnt seem to work for me.

I have been using code similar to the audio/sound examples, nothing too fancy (and some fancy code as well

Thanks
    hello rudnik_lior

indeed AFAIK you will be never able to play songs when a call is active as calling and receiving is given the first preference by the os and when a call is going on all other processes or application will be stopped or paused.

Hope you got it

Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

Re: Playing audio and call

Does that mean its possible if I go to C++?