Discussion Board

AppWizard & VC6 problem

I have a problem with using AppWizard in Microsoft Visual Studio 6. It seems that the AppWizard trying to create the VC6 workspace file (.dsw) at a wrong location.

Case example:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using AppWizard, I create helloworld project in c:\helloworld location. AppWizard then creates subdirectories under c:\helloworld, along with associates files. Hence, the subdirectories for helloworld are: c:\helloworld\aif, c:\helloworld\data, c:\helloworld\group, c:\helloworld\inc, c:\helloworld\install and c:\helloworld\src.

When AppWizard tries to open hellowowrld project, VC6 give the following message:
    C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\epoc32\build\helloworld\group\helloworld\wins\helloworld.dsw.
    The specified project could not be inserted into the current workspace.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice in the message above, AppWizard tried to look for helloworld subdirectories under C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\epoc32\build\helloworld instead of C:\helloworld. How do I fix this problem?

For your information, I installed Symbian SDK version 1.0 on Windows 2000 and WinXP machine, and both PCs experience the same problem.

Regular Contributor

RE: AppWizard & VC6 problem

Hello,

When you create a new project, check the location for the project. In the SDK v0.9, the location for the project was, by default, somewhere under build directory. In the SDK v1.0 SDK, it is corrected.

Workspace files are always located in "%EPOCROOT%\epoc32\build\<project path>\group\<project name>\wins\". In your case, the location where AppWizard tries to find the project file is correct, but for some reason it has failed to create one.

Best Regards,
    Marko / Forum Nokia

RE: AppWizard & VC6 problem

Get The EPOCfromMMP wizard and try to resolve problem with it.
    It is used for creating new VC projects from MMP's file in IDE Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 - 2003. and VC++ 6.0
    Go to download http://wallsmedia.narod.ru/epoc/index.html