Discussion Board

Question How to pass a String of Text from Computer to Mobile Phone.

I want to send sms from mobile using symbian for my project. The sms will be generated by the computer. Now i have to send that sms from computer to mobile phone when it is already connected via bluetooth. That sms should be automatically forwarded to the number defined in the message. Is it possible to send the sms directly from computer when it is already connected via bluetooth. or if it cant be dont then how to pass a String of text from computer to mobile via bluetooth connection. The bluetooth connection is already made.

Help needed Urgently.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to pass a String of Text from Computer to Mobile Phone.

Read this article - Using AT commands to send and read SMS. This article discusses how to use AT commands to send and receive SMS. It can be used to create a PC application that send SMS from the phone.

+ more info about AT Commands.

Exclamation Re: How to pass a String of Text from Computer to Mobile Phone.

Thanx AAM for ur reply, but i dont think AT Command will help me in solving my problem. I m using Ubuntu as my OS and i cannot use 3rd party software for my project. As i know AT Command must use 3rd party software like HyperTerminal(windows).
    So i need to send sms with the program written in CPP or JAVA. I have already succeed automatically receving SMS through my Computer. Now i want to use the same Connection for SMS transfer also. The Bluetooth Connection has already been established between mobile phone and computer.

Nokia Developer Champion

I don't see any problems here.

You already can send AT commands from terminal. See , for example - Sending AT commands to mobile phones

Also you can see this example - How to send AT commands and Dial with Python and Bluetooth

Nokia Developer Moderator

SMS-related AT commands are not supported in most of the cases.
    What do you mean on "already connected"? Personally I would find it easier offering a custom BT service (you can build one using the available examples - there are examples for BT and SMS, just check the Docs section above, then Symbian C++, then Messaging and Networking), and connecting to it using a custom BT application on the PC side.