Discussion Board

Question AT commands to retrieve timing advance and neighbour cells

Hello,

Is there a way to get the timing advance and/or the neighbour cells via AT commands?
    If there are such commands which cellphone does it support because I know that they are not part of the GSM standard 7.05 and 7.07.
    I am able to retrieve the cellId and the location area code via "AT+CREG?" and mcc and mnc codes using "AT+COPS?". Do Nokia devices have an alternative to Siemens "AT^MONI" and "AT^MONP" commands?

Thanks for any help.

regards
    fhaeser

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: AT commands to retrieve timing advance and neighbour cells

AFAIK there is no such AT commands supported by Nokia devices, but feel free to check it by yourself, an example AT commands sending application is available at the Wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...T_Commands.zip

is there maybe some other solution to get such information? or is this data about timing advance and bcch totally hidden to the developer? In CTelephony::TNetworkInfoV1 in symbian c++ there are no members for that.

Can you please post back if you find a way to retrieve this data, thanks.
    Last edited by alfie196; 2009-01-23 at 09:51.

Hi there.

I am Sakibnaz from Bangladesh. I am working with LBS with both Symbian C++ & AT Command.
    Currently i am facing a great problem for retrieving the location (Cell ID) information from CDMA mobile or modems. I can retrieve this data both LAC & Cell ID from GSM device by sending AT+CREG=2, AT+CREG? at 9.6 mbps baud. But sir i cant get this information from CDMA device.
    PLZ help me out on this.
    Thanks in advance.

.::sakibnaz::.

Hi,

I'm no expert at this, but i imagine your best place to start is to have a look at the AT command set for the modem in your CDMA device.

LIam

hi.

Currently I am using an Alcatel CDMA device. This device supports some simple AT commands like AT+GMM etc.
    but I cant read the Cell information using AT+CREG command in fact this device does not supports the basic SMS read write AT commands. I am in big trouble on it. Please suggest me if there is any way to retrieve the Location information with CDMA device.

Regards.

.::sakibnaz::.