Discussion Board

Lightbulb Nokia E51 | fw 200.34.36 (latest) WRT not available

I have updated the E51 to the latest firmware (200.34.36) - then used PC suite to install the .wgz file to the phone - but the icon is still a (?).
    The package is treated as a zip file and opened by zip manager.

Any ideas, why this latest firmware which supports WRT is not recognising the .wgz extension?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Nokia E51 | fw 200.34.36 (latest) WRT not available

Quote Originally Posted by nmcgillivray View Post
    I have updated the E51 to the latest firmware (200.34.36) - then used PC suite to install the .wgz file to the phone - but the icon is still a (?).

Any ideas, why this latest firmware which supports WRT is not recognising the .wgz extension?
    hello nmcgillivray

this should not happen with the E51 as it is a 3rdFP1 device i guess the problem can be with your widget may be it is not packaged well.

Enjoy Pythoning
    Gaba88

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by nmcgillivray View Post

I am afraid that you can work with WRT with E51. There are only few S60 3rd FP1 devices which can be used with WRT after software updates. E51 is not one of those devices. Check this Wiki article: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...b_Runtime_(WRT)

Quote Originally Posted by http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Category:Web_Runtime_(WRT)
    Did you know? While every S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 device will include Web Runtime support, already multiple S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 devices (such as Samsung SGH-G810, SGH-i450, SGH-i550, SGH-i560 and LG-KT610) include Web Runtime support, as well as selected Nokia S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 devices via sotware update (from the following sw onwards): Nokia E90 Communicator sw 210.34.75, Nokia N82 sw 20.0.062, Nokia N95 sw 21.0.016, Nokia N95 8GB sw 15.0.015. Get the updated sw through Nokia Device Software Updater and start playing with it!
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Nokia Developer Moderator

hi, here you can find the list of web runtime (widgets) compatible devices; http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/m...runtime_1.html