Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Query for Open Signed Online

Hi,

There is my one query regarding Symbian's Open Signed Online.

I am signing my application using Open Signed Online. After getting signed sis file I test it on my device. Now suppose I have to make some change in my application and again want to test it on the same device. Does open signed online will sign my new sis file with the same IMEI number that I provided earlier?

If NO than how can I go through multiple test loops for the same application for the same device using Open signed online option and with single device?

Thanks!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Query for Open Signed Online

Open Signed Online is intended for development use, thus it is considered normal to sign multiple versions of an application for a single device.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prajapatmanoj View Post
    Hi,

There is my one query regarding Symbian's Open Signed Online.

I am signing my application using Open Signed Online. After getting signed sis file I test it on my device. Now suppose I have to make some change in my application and again want to test it on the same device. Does open signed online will sign my new sis file with the same IMEI number that I provided earlier?

If NO than how can I go through multiple test loops for the same application for the same device using Open signed online option and with single device?

Thanks!!
    And moreover it doesn't cost you anything. You could have tried it already. Anyways as said, you can sign it for the multiple times.

A side note: It may happen that you are not using more capabilities than that of available with Self-signed certificate, if so then you don't need to use Open Signed Online. You can use self-signed certificate generated right from your PC.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Actually my application is having Location capability and is developed using S60 3rd ED FP1.
    In this SDK Location capability is under System Capabilities thats why I can not use self signing.

Also with feature pack 2 Location capabilty is under User granted capabilities and application using it can be self signed if it is not using any system or ther capability that does not come under user granted.