It's my post ever on this website, so i hope i did not register to the wrong forum . If i've placed this post in the wrong side of the forum, please move it.
I have for a week soon a Nokia 5800, been upgrading from SE W800i. As any other human that has a phone, a migration process had to ocurr, mainly of the contacts. All good...found an application to export them from the SE w800i to Vista's Mail program and from there with PC Suite into the 5800. All good, process went smooth. (Had few contacts which had pictures assigned to them so i have transfered them via btooth, phone -> phone).
However, i have discovered that when ever someone that is recorded in my agenda calls me....the name does not appear, but only the number. If i redial the lost call, the number doesnt appear either. This happened so far with multiple contacts (5 calls out of 5) (don't receive too many calls), but none with the ones transferred via btooth (that have pictures)...
This issue started to bug me only today..when i have decided to do some tests. Untill today, the phone has been softreset twice (first time because PC Suite was not being able to install on the phone, certificate has expired issue and second one i was not able to reinstall an application). After the last sw reset, the contacts have been restored from a mini PC Suite backup. (backup created before the sw reset - *#73770# one)
This evening i've installed the new Firmware but still no joy.
Tests that i've done so far:
-> Test done with an agenda entry recorded via the initial sync with Vista Mail (restored from backup after the second reset)
- dialing my number, name of the person doesnt appear.
- redialing the lost call, name doesnt appear
- using the dial pad to dial the number, name doesnt appear.
- modified the name and re-saved it, name doesnt appear on incoming or outgoing.
- Deleted the number, dialled my phone again and saved the number from the lost call..nothing when dialling the number back. name doesnt appear
- deleted the number again and sent it over btooth from my previous w800i. no name is displayed on incoming or outgoing calls...
- recorded the number under different name...same
- saved the number in my w800i and dialled that phone...name appears..so we can exclude the dialler's phone.
- navigating to agenda and dialling the contact from there works..but i still cant see who's calling me..
- dialled from a number that has never been in my 5800 before..saved it to agenda....the name appears on incoming and outgoing calls...
(edit) * at a point, after deleting the number from the agenda and re-adding it, when i've dialled in for a test..the telephone was showing that i awas being called by somebody else in my agenda..(first entry in the agenda)..which is totally freaky ..
as i said, the latest firmware did not help on this. maybe no one was aware.
Unless you know of other tricks, with your permission, i will reset the phone again and this time manually add the contact(s) in the agenda (not using the PC suite backup and restore function).
Waiting few replies from you to decide best action.