Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unable to Run Helpexample in Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta using Carbide C++ v1.3

Hi,
    I have installed Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta and Carbide c++ v1.3 & ActivePerl-5.6.1.635-MSWin32-x86 . On the carbide workspace i have imported the folder Helpexample from Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta\S60Ex folder. Initially in the Helpexample\help folder there was no "HelpExample.hlp.hrh" file so i generated that file using the command : cshlpcmp helpexample.cshlp
    Now i have HelpExample.hlp.hrh as well as HelpExample.hlp in my Helpexample\help folder.
    In Carbide when i compile Helpexample ,the HelpExample.exe is not being made and in my console window i am getting the error as

perl.exe -S ABLD.PL \Velocity3\HelpExample\group\ makefile winscw supplementary
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta\EPOC32\BUILD\Velocity3\HelpExample\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILESUPPLEMENTARY VERBOSE=-s
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    make[1]: *** [MAKMAKE] Error 1
    make: *** [MAKEFILESUPPLEMENTARY] Error 2

Can you please tell me what am i missing here or what my error is?
    I was able to run the helpexample on Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v21\ using VC++ and now i want to run it on s60 3rd edition.
    Actually my aim is to make CSHelp for my application on N79 device.
    Please Help me.
    Sameer Kamble

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to Run Helpexample in Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta using Carbide C++ v1.3

These tools have happened a bit earlier, consider upgrading, it can also fix some problems:
    - after Beta, there was an 1.0 release version of the S60 3rd FP2 SDK, and the most up to date one is actually 1.1
    - Carbide.c++ 2.0 has been released on 5th of December, all variants of it are completely free, I can not see the point for working with 1.3 any more.

Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to Run Helpexample in Symbian\9.3\S60_3rd_FP2_Beta using Carbide C++ v1.3

Dear Sir,
    Thanks for the reply. But can you please tell me, which actual Series 60 3rd edition sdk and carbide c++ version will be good in order to run the Context sensitive help example. As my aim is to create a help for my application on Nokia N79 device.
    Sameer Kamble

Quote Originally Posted by sameerbkamble View Post
    Dear Sir,
    Thanks for the reply. But can you please tell me, which actual Series 60 3rd edition sdk and carbide c++ version will be good in order to run the Context sensitive help example. As my aim is to create a help for my application on Nokia N79 device.
    Sameer Kamble
    As you can see from http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N79 your device is based on Symbian OS v9.3 and you can use S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 SDK to develop your application which can be found here

Use carbice.c++ (since all versions are free, you can take your pick depending on the features that you want) which you can find here

Good Luck!!

Your existing configuration may also work, although it is a rather old one. If you have compilation errors you will have to analyze and fix them of course.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite