Discussion Board

Cool I want to use setExposureTime() in video making

In Nokia 6220 classic, To control shutter speed I want to use setExposureTime()in 'VIDEOS (not in snapshot taking) making'. I added following code in my Midlet
    player.getControl("javax.microedition.media.control.camera.ExposureControl");
    exposure.setExposureTime(14); // Microseconds (1/500th second)
    exposure.setFStop(280);
    exposure.setISO(200);

But Midlet don't start (at run) in my phone when I try to run/execute this in my phone to make and record vidoes. But when I comment these lines, video making and saving job complete fine.
    Please can U tell me why my MidLet do not run with this code or what I should add more or how I can correct this code.

Super Contributor

Re: I want to use setExposureTime() in video making

That control is not supported on Nokia phones. See here for suppported parts of the AMMS API
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._Nokia_devices

Hartti

Red face Re: I want to use setExposureTime() in video making

Thanks Harrti I appreciate, but please my question is 'what values I should pass/set in the followings functions for my video making required job in Nokia 6220 classic (S60, FP2)':
    exposure.setExposureTime(14); // Microseconds (1/500th second)
    exposure.setFStop(280);
    exposure.setISO(200);

That is I want replacement of 14 (my favorite #), 280 and 200 values/parameters with appropriate ones to make videos because when I try to run my MidLet with this code it does not 'start' and without this code I make and save videos.

Super Contributor

Re: I want to use setExposureTime() in video making

You cannnot pass/set any values to those functions on your phone as those parts of the API are not implemented on your phone. That's what my previous answer means.

Hartti