Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Post [moved] How to import carbide 1.1 code into carbide 2.0

Hello ,
    I installed Carbide 2.0 Developer Edition & Import carbide1.1 Project (As per Release Notes mentioned) bld.inf into carbide2.0
    (NOTE: After Coping Whole project into Carbide2.0 Workspace I imported bld.inf)
    but after compiling code i am getting Linking errors

1)
    warniIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/eikenv.h:25,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]

2)
    warIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\mmfcontrollerframework.h:15,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]
    3)
    warningIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\mmfcontrollerframework.h:15,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]

4)
    extra tokens at end of #endif directive[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl]

5)
    warniIn file included from ..//inc/AlertSettingView.h:9,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]

but this project build & run on device Using Carbide1.1.
    So how can I build With Carbide2.0 ?
    so please Help me..Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] How to import carbide 1.1 code into carbide 2.0

You might want to inspect the content of the bld.inf and *.mmp files first, I would't trust Carbide.c++ v1.1 with doing a very good job maintaing those files. Also, I don't remember if any explicit export was needed in 1.1 in order to get these files updated.

You should try to upgrade your software when everybody else does (like going through 1.2 and 1.3 releases accordingly), it is going to be dificult now to remember if there was any particluar Carbide.c++ 1.1 weirdness that one should be aware of when migrating.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Possibility that the relative paths of your new workspace may not be matching the ones from your old workspace (As you say you have copied to a new workspace) in your project (example mmp file or pkg file)

Regular Contributor

I visit That Link : -S60 SDKs and Plug-ins compatibility As i am getting Error only related to MMF .
    I downloaded & installed MMF Plug-in for S60 3rd Edition But i never resolved that Errors. For - Neil --> As u suggest Also I tried With New Workspace import that Code But getting Same Error Can any other Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by uday.neo View Post
    but after compiling code i am getting Linking errors

1)
    warniIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/eikenv.h:25,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]

2)
    warIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\mmfcontrollerframework.h:15,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]
    3)
    warningIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\mmfcontrollerframework.h:15,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]

4)
    extra tokens at end of #endif directive[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl]

5)
    warniIn file included from ..//inc/AlertSettingView.h:9,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]

You say that you have linking errors but what you list here are some compilation warnings that you shlould either fix or ignore?
    What is really the problem?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You say that you have linking errors but what you list here are some compilation warnings that you shlould either fix or ignore?
    What is really the problem?
    If these are warnings then Compiler should Comipled Code & .sis Should be generated but it never happened, & how i can ignore warnings is there any Setting in Carbide2.0 ?

Super Contributor

have you added your pkg file in build configurations to generate sis ?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    have you added your pkg file in build configurations to generate sis ?
    Yes I added That Properly. Configuration - Phone Release GCCE(S60 _3rd) ,Generate Partial Upgrade Option Enabled. .CER provided for signed .sis With CER/KEY pair. Everything Well set.

If these are warnings then Compiler should Comipled Code & .sis Should be generated but it never happened, & how i can ignore warnings is there any Setting in Carbide2.0 ?
    AFAIK there is no settings. What Lucian meant by 'ignore' is that you should ignore it or then fix them.

Anyway, you say linking errors. Can you paste the part of console where the linking errors show?

Yes I added That Properly. Configuration - Phone Release GCCE(S60 _3rd) ,Generate Partial Upgrade Option Enabled. .CER provided for signed .sis With CER/KEY pair. Everything Well set.
    As a first try it would be better marking "Enabled", but unmarking "Partial Upgrade".
    You can ignore warnings via closing your eyes and looking at something else when they appear.

However if .sis/x files are not generated you should really consider checking both the Problems and the Console view after a build. There might be something more than mere warnings.

Hi

I had a very similar problem. After including some libraries and headers I het the following "errors":

Code:
    warIn file included from ..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/eikenv.h:25,[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:332]
    warningning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive[..//..//..//..//9.1//S60_3rd//EPOC32//include/mmf\common\MmfIpc.inl:342]	BlueFeta		line 8	C/C++ Problem
    I have noticed that I'm only getting these error when I Clean the project then rebuild it. If I'm doing a simple Build these "errors" and other warnings disappear. I think these "errors" trying to be warnings just the compiler misunderstood them.

Lizard