Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Red face tv-out development

I don't know if this is the rigth Forum, but I need to know how can I use tv-out programmatically for my Nokia N96. I need to decide something to write on TV monitor and this could be different from mobile screen!
    I'm looking for a library or something else!

Thanks a lot!

Manuela

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: tv-out development

Hi Manuela,

there is no public API for acessing/controlling the TV-out feature. You will have to open a support request to find out whether the feature can at all be implemented and if the answer is positive you will have the possibility to apply for accessing the API. Information about accessing technical support and API partnering is available here.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Hi Lucian,
    thank you very much for your fast reply and for your information about API partnering.

Manuela

Probably got this all wrong but when i connect my n95 8gb to tv via tv out 3.5mm rca ryw i get no clour can anyone help!!!!!!!!!?

Nokia Developer Moderator

This is a site for software developers. What you are looking for is Nokia's product support (http://www.nokia.com/support) or an end-user discussion forum like http://discussions.europe.nokia.com

Btw, you might want to ensure that the cable is properly connected both on phone and TV side.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Question Re: tv-out development

Lucian, or everybody knows,

with the N95 when I watch photos, I can see the little photos on the mobile screen, and a full screen image on the TV...so why I can't do the same thing with N96?

BR

Manuela

Hi manubemanu

I wonder which nokia N95 you use (standard or 8gb?) because when I use the standard model in conjunction with a Pico Projector I only get an mirrored image of the phone screen! when you found a solution for developing a application which can show different images on the TV-Out and the mobile screen I would be psyched to get to know about more, because I am planning to develop smth. like this

BR
    Loechti

Regular Contributor

Cool Re: tv-out development

I connect my Nokia N95 (not 8Gb) to a TV. I open Gallery and, on the telephone, I can see the preview of the photos. After few seconds, on the TV monitor I can see the photo full screen, while on the N95 screen I still see always the preview...

ahh okay after a firmware update it worked so now i want that API

Regular Contributor

ehehe me too