Discussion Board

recv blocking for non-blocking socket

Hi,

I'm using the S60 3rd fp1 SDK and plugin to port a socket library used by Lua (LuaSocket) to Symbian, using a Nokia N95 to test it. The library compiles and many tests run ok, but the tests fail expecting for a timeout from message reception on a socket, actually the message is received ok (what should not happened). The problem is that the function recv() is blocking on a non-blocking socket and waiting for the completion of the message.

Can anyone help to solve this?

Re: recv blocking for non-blocking socket

Hi,

It sounds very much like a bug in the P.I.P.S. library - you could try reporting it on the P.I.P.S. discussion board at the Symbian Developer Network... some of the development team read it. Assuming it is a bug, it's quite likely that it has already been fixed in the much anticipated next release.

Mark

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: recv blocking for non-blocking socket

Quote Originally Posted by ACSS View Post
    Hi,

I'm using the S60 3rd fp1 SDK and plugin to port a socket library used by Lua (LuaSocket) to Symbian, using a Nokia N95 to test it. The library compiles and many tests run ok, but the tests fail expecting for a timeout from message reception on a socket, actually the message is received ok (what should not happened). The problem is that the function recv() is blocking on a non-blocking socket and waiting for the completion of the message.

Can anyone help to solve this?
    Hi,

I know this issue is pretty old, but for the benefit of anyone that might face the same problem, here is a suggestion:

I cannot recall the exact place of problem, but this was solvable. When initial compiling of the lua sources, one would find couple of identifiers undefined, which can be resolved by checking on the web for the same. These are the two identifiers which eventually are the pitfalls for the LuaSocket non-working. If these values are set right, then it works.

I know the answer is a little vague, but its been 2 years and I dont recall the exact location of problem. But given the above info, it might be easier to solve for anybody facing similar problem.

Hope it helps!