Discussion Board

Question Modify WLAN scan frequency

The values returned from MWlanMgmtInterface::GetScanResults() in the S60 WLAN Management API seems to be updated every 10:th second or so. A new scan is not made every time I call the function, but rather at some defined intervall within the function. Does it exist any way to increase this cycle, so that it is possible to get the recent values from a WLAN scan more often?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Modify WLAN scan frequency

If you check the WLAN-related articles in Docs above, Symbian C++, Networking, you will find some hazy reference, so in case of some S60 releases it may be possible to modify the scan interval, in an undocumented way. Partnering may be a solution (and of course it may be beneficial to re-check the plugin pack in order to make sure that nothing has been overlooked accidentally).

Re: Modify WLAN scan frequency

I have also seen some "hazy reference" that this could be modified with a repository setting (is that what you mean?), but I have found no information where this setting is located. Yes, maybe partnering is the only way forward.