Discussion Board

How do you set the policy file for Flash Player on n810

Can anyone tell me how to set a policy file for the Flash Player on the n810?
    I need to be able to access both local content and network.
    I can do this if I can set a policy file for the Flash Player, but I don't know how/where I would set that in the n810 operating system.

Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: How do you set the policy file for Flash Player on n810

Quote Originally Posted by intomo View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to set a policy file for the Flash Player on the n810?
    I need to be able to access both local content and network.
    I can do this if I can set a policy file for the Flash Player, but I don't know how/where I would set that in the n810 operating system.

Thanks in advance.
    Yeah..When u wish to load an XML file or a txt file via network then there should be a policy file in the root of server.and here is a good documentation.
    Flash Lite 3 - Policy File
    Moreover, i saw that N810 has flash player 9 plugins .So , take a look over here:
    Flash Player 9 changes
    Suppose , if u want to allow ur app to access all the files from a domain then u can use this syntax(in FL 9) :
    Code:
    <cross-domain-policy> 
    <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
    </cross-domain-policy>
    and put it in the root of domain.
    & You can set a policy file by loading it via loadPolicyFile Api or putting the policy file in the root of server. Locally, u can load the policy files only from the trusted folder. Hope it helps u...Enjoy Flash Programming...

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: How do you set the policy file for Flash Player on n810

Thanks for your suggestions. I am an aware of the policy files for the Flash Player. According to the docs that I have read, the only one that will allow both local access AND network access is a policy file saved in the trusted folder.

Where is the trusted folder on the Nokia n810 and how do I access it? The File Manager application seems only to access non-system files. What tool do I have to use to access other files like the ones in the trusted folder? Thanks again.

Re: How do you set the policy file for Flash Player on n810

Maybe this article from Alessandro could help you.

http://www.biskero.org/?p=2303

Marcos

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: How do you set the policy file for Flash Player on n810

Quote Originally Posted by intomo View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions. I am an aware of the policy files for the Flash Player. According to the docs that I have read, the only one that will allow both local access AND network access is a policy file saved in the trusted folder.

Where is the trusted folder on the Nokia n810 and how do I access it? The File Manager application seems only to access non-system files. What tool do I have to use to access other files like the ones in the trusted folder? Thanks again.
    Actaully , (i think) N910 doesnt have a standalone flash player. It run all the flash apps in the default browser . Thus according to my view it can be said that it is designed to play videos and games. (Not prof apps). whatever , while running in the browser u can set the trusted locations as follow:
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/ma...=00001612.html
    But not sure that whether this menu is available in N810 or not. . IF N810 has standalone flash player then do tell me . Moreover, i find a topic by googling . It may helps u .
    local remote swf

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft
    Last edited by sajisoft; 2009-01-26 at 18:36. Reason: correction