Discussion Board

S60 5th SDK (0.9) EcmtAgent.sis doesn't work on 5800 device

All,

installation of the C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9_2\S60tools\Ecmt\EcmtAgent.sis (v 4.0) fails on a Nokia 5800. During installation, it warns about the SIS not compatible with this device, and when started, the screen is just black (no soft buttons for Settings etc).

This there a new version somewhere for 5th Ed device?

cheers, O

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: S60 5th SDK (0.9) EcmtAgent.sis doesn't work on 5800 device

If I undestand you correctly the installation succedes (with that compatibility warning) but then the application hangs when run on the phone.

Unfortunately the latest ecmtagent.sis I had for review shows the same hanging problem. We're looking into what is causing this ...
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

correct - that's the situation... thanks for the confirmation, let me know whn you have an update for this

cheers, O

Dear all,

Has there been any update with this file not being installable on a 5800? I guess it's not currently possible to debug on this phone?

Best regards,

Jim

Question Re: S60 5th SDK (0.9) EcmtAgent.sis doesn't work on 5800 device

Hi,

Has anybody had success using EcmtAgent on a 5800? What does ECMT stand for anyway? Does the EcmtAgent use the JWDP protocol?

Thanks!
    -Mike

Which SDK version are you using and that is the firmware version on your device? The ECMT agent from the latest SDK (v1.0) and with the latest device firmware should work just fine. Well, at least the install part should work.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Question Re: S60 5th SDK (0.9) EcmtAgent.sis doesn't work on 5800 device

Hi,

I should have mentioned that I grabbed EcmtAgent.sis from C:\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\S60tools\Ecmt so I imagine that means the SDK version is "Series 60, 5th edition, version 1.0"

On my 5800 (which I purchased just to do development) the software version is:

Software version

Software version date
    26-01-2009

Custom version

Custom version date
    02-02-2009

Language set

Model
    5800 XpressMusic

Type
    RM-356

Is EcmtAgent a custom Symbian C++ app that modifies some config file that the KVM uses?
    Does the KVM (or whatever you guys call your CLDC JVM) know how to talk JWDP? (JWDP is the standard wire-level protocol for Java debugging)

Is there documentation available for EcmtAgent? Or failing that, source code?
    I have been able to successfully install EcmtAgent, but I can't seem to get it to connect to my debugger in Eclipse (or any other IDE, or indeed, anything listening on a socket on the same subnet)

Has anyone been able to successfully do Java on-device debugging on the 5800?

Ok, if the installation succeeded and the app doesn't hang then the original problem with the application is solved.

I am not a Java developers do I can't tell you anything about those acronyms but ODD over WLAN should work while it does not work over BT or USB (documented in the release notes). So, have you tried to use it over WLAN? Are the phone and the PC in the same network?

The configuration procedure is documented in the SDK help, see the attached image as a guide for finding it:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Lucian