Discussion Board

Question Tracking down bug in Content Access API (C++)

I'm using the C++ "PIMNavigator" sample in the v3.2 Connectivity API package. The code itself is unchanged, but the solution was upgraded to use Visual Studio 2008 (presumably it was VS2005 before).

I get a consistent Stack error "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'dataCalendar' was corrupted." when looking at any calendar items on my phone (a 6133). If you have the sample code, look at the CPIMNavigatorDlg::GetCalendarDetails method. The call to CAReadItem is doing something weird, and I think mis-allocating memory. Even if I comment out all code in that method after CAReadItem, as soon as I hit the method end, I'll get the above error. However, CAReadItem itself returns the right data.

I copied over the pertinent code fragments from the sample to my own code, and I get a similar error (worse, in my code the CAOperationHandle gets corrupted inside CAReadItem.

Is this a known bug in the API? Any suggestions for a workaround/solution? Is this even the right place to ask about this stuff, or is there a more "formal" support mechanism?

Brad.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Tracking down bug in Content Access API (C++)

You can start by searching in the Forum Nokia Knowledge Base for some known issue or technical solution related to your problem.

Information about Forum Nokia's Technical Support service can be found at http://www.forum.nokia.com/I_Want_To...nical_Support/
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Alas, the KB appears to be completely silent on anything related to the Connectivity API. I can't find a single article that references it at all.

I've managed to find a workaround by doing my own memory management. Technically that's leaving some small leaks since the API's memory management is definitely broken, but I can tolerate that in the short term, while I figure out exactly who to contact with a bug report. I was just hoping there was somebody here actually working with that package with a bit of experience.

Thanks;
    Brad.

Nokia Developer Moderator

If you are sure that you see a bug in the API then please use the Bug report channel described in the previously recommended web page. It is a one way only channel so it is likely not going to help you much for now but it increases the chance of seeing the bug fixed in the future.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks, I'll do just that.

Brad.

I'm using the VB.NET "PIMNavigator" sample in the v3.2 Connectivity API package.
    I am having problem saving MMS in PC...Everytime am trying to save a mms an error is coming as follows:

CAReadItem
    Error: 0x80100013
    ECONA_INVALID_PARAMETER : Invalid parameter value

Please help me out with this problem..

Abhishek