Discussion Board

input QLineEdit (only digit)

Hi,

I implemented a simply form (a dialog) with QDateEdit, QTimeEdit and QLineEdit.

When I try to fill the QLineEdit I can write only numbers and * #, how can I change the input mode?

Thank you.

Re: input QLineEdit (only digit)

You can't yet. There isn't any integration with the FEP (front-end processor) architecture on Symbian in the Temple release. Again, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next one.

Mark

Thank you Mark,

I can work on a E61 that have a qwerty keyboard and for now my E51 can rest.

There are some informations about next release of QT?

EDIT: also E61 have input problems ...
    Last edited by gino.rossi; 2009-01-29 at 11:25. Reason: upgrade

Hi,

What sort of input problems with E61? Qwerty keyboard should allow you to input characters but I guess modifiers (shift etc) won't work.

There isn't much public information about future releases that I'm aware of.

The next release I'm expecting in March but I don't think anything has been promised. The final release I'm not expecting until the 3rd Quarter of this year.

On the QtS60-feedback mailing list the suggestion was that the next release (called "Garden") would target S60 UI integration.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Post Re: input QLineEdit (only digit)

Hi,

thank you Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd
    What sort of input problems with E61? Qwerty keyboard should allow you to input characters but I guess modifiers (shift etc) won't work.

If I press QWE ASD ZXC on the QLineEdit I see the corresponding letters, if I press the shift (2nd bottom at bottom left) I write with capital letters (the shift work well).

If I press RTYU the sistem werite 1234, the blue shift (bottom left button) not enable letters, but the button do some things because if I press the E button appear an è (with the normal shift E or e)

I have an Italian layout but the symbols mapped by QT are on a US layout (if I press a "." on the QEditLine appear a "'").

The next release I'm expecting in March but I don't think anything has been promised.
    as the 4.5

On the QtS60-feedback mailing list the suggestion was that the next release (called "Garden") would target S60 UI integration.
    sounds good

Hi,

I'm not too surprised by your results, they are slightly better than I thought really!

The key mappings are somewhat hard-coded in the current release. You can look at the code yourself, it's in \src\gui\kernel\qkeymapper_s60.cpp

Mark