Discussion Board

Logs example S60 3rd MR

Hi,
    I am now studying the Logs example which to get the dial log information like dialed call, missed call and incoming call. Actually, I try to write a function and run it in the real device N73.
    However, when I click the button to retrieve the data, the application return to the menu auto without any errors. I think the reason is about the capacities.
    1. What kinds of capacities should I included in the mmp file?
    2. Can I retrieve the dial log information in S60 3rd MR with the self-signed?
    3. Can I do it in the S60 2nd FP3 or FP2? As I read the forum, it told me that FP2 can't use the CTelephony?

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: Logs example S60 3rd MR

i suggest you try using emulator / device debug. or at least you enable the extended error generation on device. then by the error code generated you can guess what is the problem.

For the first question, I don't have include the capacities like Read/WriteDeviceData. After I installed and ran the application, it return to the menu page without any information or error in the real device. In the emulator, I can't test the log example as it didn't include those record.

2. If retrieving the log required the capacities like Read/WriteDeviceData, it implies I can't do it in the self-signed sis.

3. I try to install the program in the FP2, Nokia 6630, but the appliction can't run without error.

So, I want to ask for your developing experience.

Super Contributor

Sorry to say but it is not good idea to guess a capability. same API requires different capabilities different. and capabilities required for emulator might be different from device. so if on device you are getting -46 panic then it is a capability issue.

Thank you for your help. I think the first thing I need to do is: how the error code in the real device.
    Actually, it returns to the main menu without error. What can I do to make the devices show the error code?

Super Contributor