Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Image upload / Photozone

I'm still requesting for more details on creating an image upload -server. Many others have asked the same thing, but only answer has been reference to the 'Image_Upload_Server_API_v1_0.pdf' (which is unusable due large number of errors).

Thus, we need support. The questions related to this matter have been asked months ago and still no answers.

Super Contributor

RE: Image upload / Photozone

Hi,

Can you be a bit more detailed about the errors in document in question, ie. what are exact errors?

What kind of problems you have trying to create the service? And also for what terminal you're creating it?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

RE: Image upload / Photozone

Dear developer,

This "Image Upload Server API v1.0" keeps inside at least some upper/lower case issues. Microsoft word has kindly made autocorrections to DId --> Did. There is updating going on with this document and if you know any other issues to take concider, please tell us what kind of problems you have found.

Best Regards,
    Hanttila / Forum Nokia

Argh, seems my detailed error report is missing. I hope you still manage to find it. AND REPLY. We still need support. I've also given feedback but no answer. Bad support.

Corrections / improvement suggestions for Image Upload Server API v1.1 document

While implementing the Image Upload Server API for use with Nokia 3650 I have noticed several issues with the documentation.

Correction: In "5.2 Login", the user name comes in the parameter "Username", not "User name".

Correction: In "5.2 Login", the document says the "Language" parameter identifies the language of the uploader. My phone is set to Finnish, still it reports "En" to the server. It seems Language is always En with 3650? Is this a bug in 3650 or the API document? The problem should be mentioned in the API in any case and the bug should be corrected in either the client or the document.

Correction: In page 11 "Succesful reply example with URLs" the URLs do not contain "?" as the last character, even though right in the same page, at "5.3", the document says they should. Also the example "Succesful reply example" on page is missing some question marks at the end of the URLs?

Correction: In page 11, at "5.3" the document says the URL is <RSURL><SId>. It seems the URL is <RSURL>?<SId>, so RSURL should not contain the "?" as the last character, even though the document says the URLs should. If it contains the "?" character, the URL the client will use will have two question marks instead of one. This may cause problems in some server implementations if left unnoticed.

Improvement suggestion: The document could be named differently, since the API it specifies is v1.0, not v1.1. The v1.1 seems to reflect the document version, not the API version. "Image Upload Server API v1.0 document v1.1" instead?

Improvement suggestion: <newline> entries in reply examples could be replaced with <crlf> as the newline is usually interpreted as just newline (lf or \n), not as crlf (\r\n). This would avoid unintentional bugs when implementing the server in a non-Windows environment.

As my implementation is far from done, these comments should be verified by Nokia staff before updating the documentation.

Tests have been done using Nokia 3650, software v2.50.

I also hope that Nokia will pay more attention in the future to make sure the documents written by Nokia match the implementations done by the same company. It is a waste of time for us developers to find out which parts of the documentation don't match the real world implementation.
    Last edited by okkonet; 2003-03-24 at 19:38.

..continued..

It seems that also the DirListURL should not end in question mark, since the client appends the question mark. The document says in "5.3" that the URLs should end with a question mark - but they should not?

Also, the phone seems to retrieve the URL list from the RSURL even if the URLs were already listed in the Login reply. Seems there is no point to give the URLs in the login if they are re-fetched from the RSURL anyway. Leaving out the RSURL (to avoid that) results in an error in the phone, so it cannot be left out. The document says RSURL is not mandatory, but it seems to me that it is mandatory.

Correct or should I go to sleep? :-)

Image Upload server api 1.1

Thanks to Mr Okko for notifying 1.1 document version :-)

From API 1.1 and page 25, Examples:
    ---
    POST https://www.club.nokia.com/login/uploaderLogin HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: Photo Upload (7650/1.0)
    Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=AaB03x
    ---

Ok, connected to www.club.nokia.com:443 and tried to copy the example, line-by-line. I got this;
    ------
    POST https://www.club.nokia.com/login/uploaderLogin HTTP/1.1
    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad request</TITLE></HEAD>
    <BODY><H1>Bad request</H1>
    Your browser sent a query this server could not understand.
    </BODY></HTML>closed
    ------

-> Tried to remove https and changed to http
    It seemed the server accepted the request. Continued pasting lines:
    ----
    User-Agent: Photo Upload (7650/1.0)
    Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=AaB03x

Connection closed by foreign host.
    -----

Now the request seemed lacking 'Content-Length' (and rest of the lines that previously could not be typed) were added, and that got us even further. This time got 'HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed'. Still figuring out how to proceed.

i have the same problem..
    https://www.wawa.net.tw/galaxy.jsp
    this is my test address..
    any body can help me...
    thx

7650 Working

I finally managed to get this image upload working with 7650.

The Nokia's specs are worthless when using 7650.

Only solution to problem, was to sniff the traffic and mimic the Nokia's server responses.

I have no access to recent models with photo upload capability, thus I'm not sure if the specs are valid with those models.

I'm new to this, but I'm having similar problems as everyone else - I don't know what my 3650 is doing, but it's definitely not obeying Nokia's published Image Upload Server spec (v1.1).

So far, I can connect, the username and password transmit and are received successfully (works equally well with https or just plain http), and the server sends the reply back (per the spec.), but then I get nothing. The 3650 apparently doesn't like what it receives, because it just says "Unable to connect to image server. Try again later." - and it never requests the RSURL.

So, developers: how did you get it to work? What is the trick?

Or better yet, Nokia: can someone please post official information about how this spec is implemented in the actual Nokia devices?

[...rant deleted...]
    Last edited by rbrome; 2003-05-22 at 01:23.

Foot In Mouth

Nevermind... I finally got it to work.

Apparently the "Content-Length" HTTP header is required (at least for the 3650). I'm working in PHP, which doesn't add this header by default. Adding that fixed everything.

I think the content-length requirement should be made clearer in the API document. The rest of the API doc turned out to be accurate (again, at least for the 3650).

Now, if only Nokia would release an updated Images app that supports the full protocol - remote thumbnail browsing, downloading, etc... that would rock.
    Last edited by rbrome; 2003-05-22 at 01:22.

hmm - i work in PHP 2... can you help me out a little 2 pls...
    Got Problem that my 7650 posts imagedata incomplete..

Everything works fine (listdirs etc..) but well, the imagedata doesn'T work @all

i always just get 4 bytes

in my upload.php i do "$imagedata = $HTTP_POST_VARS['ImageData'];

can some1 tell me pls whats wrong ?

th@nx!

Last edited by SkyRaVeR; 2003-05-27 at 13:48.

- Check the PHP version, you might need at least 4.3.x. I tried with 4.2 (as apache module) and ran into troubles (PHP was unable to show header data). CLI version might differ, though.

- I can confirm that the 7650 sends full images, use packet sniffer to verify.

hmm - I actually run PHP 4.2.3... better the Provider I got my webspace does.. What kind of trouble did you have ?
    Is it neccessary 2 send an header("Status 100 Continue"); while the phone sends image-data !?

An older PHP-version did not send full header data (it had parsed them a bit and not all data was available).

Also, I've not tested what happens without Status 100 Continue, I've mimiced the Nokia's server response and it had the line, thus I used it.