Discussion Board

Calling CBrCtlInterface::LoadUrlL crashes on series 60, 5th edition platform

The following call works fine for series 60, 3rd edition:

iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL(aUrl, -1, TBrCtlDefs::ECacheModeNoCache);

This call crashes however for series 60, 5th edition in both the emulator and on the 5800.

Is there a known issue or is the call on the 5th edition platform different.

Thanks.

Re: Calling CBrCtlInterface::LoadUrlL crashes on series 60, 5th edition platform

I've been having the exact same problem and have finally got it to work on S60v5.

You need to implement a MBrCtlSpecialLoadObserver class and pass it in when you call CreateBrowserControlL before calling LoadUrl.

I was confused as the BrCtlSampleApp sample would work on S60v5 when I replaced the _LIT(KUrl, "file:///c:\\BrCtlSampleApp\\sample1.htm") with a hard coded "http://" website address.

Actually in CBrCtlSampleAppContainer::BasicBrowserControlL the call to CreateBrowserControlL which creates the browser control with all the interfaces as NULL is never called as CreateBrowserControlL is called in CBrCtlSampleAppContainer::ConstructL with all the interfaces passed in so iBrCtlInterface is never NULL.

You only need to implement and pass in a valid MBrCtlSpecialLoadObserver pointer if you are going to use LoadUrl to load http:// pages, if you are loading pages with file:/// then it is not needed.