Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question [moved] problem with active perl

i have download active perl 5.10 from download.com

it download .zar file.
    i install it using unzip and then put it into c drive..
    but when i got to running carbide c++ 2.0 that is error message.

:)
    nayan trivedi.

Super Contributor

Re: problem with active perl

Hi,

the perl to be used with Symbian SDKs is v5.6.1. Using another version could result in errors.

BR
    STeN

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: [moved] problem with active perl

As already mentioned, you should use recommended version of perl and in your case it is v5.6.1 build 635. Download it from here: ftp://ftp.activestate.com/ActivePerl...SWin32-x86.msi

The same link is provided in the readme_sdk.html file from Carbide.c++ v2.0 installation path. So it is always beneficial and time saving to read ReadMe file before proceeding further.

I hope that helps. :)
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

Re: [moved] problem with active perl

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    As already mentioned, you should use recommended version of perl and in your case it is v5.6.1 build 635. Download it from here: ftp://ftp.activestate.com/ActivePerl...SWin32-x86.msi

The same link is provided in the readme_sdk.html file from Carbide.c++ v2.0 installation path. So it is always beneficial and time saving to read ReadMe file before proceeding further.

I hope that helps. :)
    THANKS SIR..

it is working now..
    nayan trivedi.

I have been using Active Perl v5.10.0 without any issues since last year. AFAIK Only issues that with new version perl > v5.6.1 are with help compiler which follow the old perl syntax to instantiate objects. This can be easily fixed by appying patch provided here

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...sensitive_help

If you are working with 3rd Edition SDK's then i would definitly recommend the most recent version of perl as it gives you vastly more functionality with your build scripts. Also they are faster then previous release. Since symbian build tool chain relies heaviliy on perl using newever version definitly would help.

I personally discovered an advantage of using most recent version perl when i was making a build script that used to compare two xml localization files during build. If developer forgets to mention a localized string in any one of the two then the compilation process was aborted. Perl v5.6.1 was simply crashin while parsing the xml files.

Hope that helps,
    VJ

Hi All,

I am getting this error it just does not make sense at all. Because i had successfully build and run this same project on the same carbide v2 and now it give me this error message "This project does not support program "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC" for platform "WINSCW" ".I am using S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0 and S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1. Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rahelcavalli View Post
    Hi All,

I am getting this error it just does not make sense at all. Because i had successfully build and run this same project on the same carbide v2 and now it give me this error message "This project does not support program "ICONS_SCALABLE_DC" for platform "WINSCW" ".I am using S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0 and S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1. Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks!
    How it is related to original problem of this thread. Also try not to multi-post.