Discussion Board

Angry Unwanted "Search for WLAN" message!

Hi everybody
    I've an odd problem with my N96 mobile; Whenever i want to run some application for example have a look to my media , a persistent "Search for WLAN" message pops up on its screen several times. I've checked and done whatever I could -- Especially I switched the Search for WLAN setting off -- but this problem still exists

Any help 'd be appreciated

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unwanted "Search for WLAN" message!

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by armin55 View Post
    Hi everybody
    I've an odd problem with my N96 mobile; Whenever i want to run some application for example have a look to my media , a persistent "Search for WLAN" message pops up on its screen several times. I've checked and done whatever I could -- Especially I switched the Search for WLAN setting off -- but this problem still exists

Any help 'd be appreciated
    I have seen this problem in one N96 but in one specific firmware (which I dont quite remember. Also I must confess that I am not sure if it was due to some RND that was tried on it). Maybe you could try a firmware update and see if that helps you. But like Jukka mentioned, end users forum might help you find solutions to such problems more efficiently and accurately.

hi,

i get the same thing on a nokia 500 xm. it's because of nokia messaging 10.1 thing recently installed...
    cool gadget but keeps the wlan connection on. i need to see how to disable this.

uninstall the app if you have it, see if the issue persists

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by negrumanuel View Post
    hi,

i get the same thing on a nokia 500 xm. it's because of nokia messaging 10.1 thing recently installed...
    cool gadget but keeps the wlan connection on. i need to see how to disable this.

uninstall the app if you have it, see if the issue persists

cheers.
    As suggested already in your other post http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=156041 this discussion board caters to issues faced by developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!