Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Welcome Publishers!

Welcome to the Publish to Ovi support forum!

This forum has been created as a place for Publishers to come together and discuss the Publish to Ovi experience. Feel free to post questions and feedback.

Best Regards,
    -OviKris

Re: Welcome Publishers!

Great

Hi Kris,
    do you know if the Forum Nokia Launchpad companies will take part to the first launch of the new Ovi Store?
    Unfortunately, in the launchpad section I didn't found any reference about the new Ovi Store.
    Our company has joined the Forum Nokia Launchpad in order to elevate our business visibility in the market and we really believe the ovi launch will be a great opportunity for us.
    -
    Regards,
    Marco Bellino.

Hi Marco, this is Hung Le with the Developer Programs team. Short answer to your question is I am currently working on this, and will keep all Launchpad members posted when I have meaningful updates.

Hung

I am new to this forum and have been going through the Ovi store launch thread. We have a free java app and a paid java app that we are considering publishing on Ovi Store. What is the process like? I read it somewhere that the java app needs to be tested and signed? what is the testing/signing process like? how much does it cost and how long does it take? thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You should have a look at the Java forums, there must be a lot of discussions on this topic. A search for "Java Verified" on this site will also show a lot of useful info about the testing process.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Smile Re: Welcome Publishers!

Hey, I would like to know when Ovi Store will start working. I have registered myself to sell my apps but I didn't see anything telling me when it starts working.

http://Nokia-Blog.net

Smile Re: Welcome Publishers!

I have developed a game in j2me. I want to publish that. I have got an account in nokia software market. I have applied for ovi also. Can I publish my game in both the channels i.e. nokia software market and ovi stores simultaneously.

Please reply

Thanks

Regards
    Rishabh Tripathi
    rishabh1923@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by OviKris View Post
    Welcome to the Publish to Ovi support forum!

This forum has been created as a place for Publishers to come together and discuss the Publish to Ovi experience. Feel free to post questions and feedback.

Best Regards,
    -OviKris
    Hallo,
    Why we can't publish audio or video file? We don't have possibilities in our account.
    How we can change it?

Regular Contributor

Hello;
    sorry for this silly question
    I made an account at Ovi but till now i don't know how to publish my application using Ovi to several users

Super Contributor

A regular Ovi user account does not allow you to publish any applications.

You need an Ovi Publish account (and then you need to be accepted for the Ovi Publish program, and then you need to wait for Ovi Store to open). For that, start here: http://publish.ovi.com/

Sara, prior to publishing apps and services in Ovi Store, developers must register with Publish to Ovi at publish.ovi.com.

Hope this helps. Hung.

Rishabh,

Yes, you can. Just need to register with Publish to Ovi at publish.ovi.com and Nokia will review and process your registration. Once it's approved then you can start publishing content in Ovi Store.
    Last edited by hungster10; 2009-03-19 at 02:41.

Nadirello,

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to publish ringers and videos in Ovi Store. It supports Symbian, J2ME, Widgets, Flash Lite, Ringers, Screensavers, Themes, and Videos.

Hope this helps.

Hung

Have you received your invitation yet? It's a manual process so it's a bit slow but the invite is going out to Launchpad members this week.

Hung