AtlasCT is announcing the release of its new Navigation API, the most advanced navigation API for easy development of Java™ ME navigation and location based mobile applications. AtlasCT will present the new Navigation API at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona,
Atlas Navigation API offers simple yet very powerful tools for adding full turn-by-turn GPS navigation capability to any mobile application on a wide range of mobile devices, in zero efforts and no GIS skills.
Some of the basic features of the Navigation API are:
• Top quality 3D maps and satellite imagery.
• Display navigation route, current position and direction.
• Attaching the map to the current device location.
• Textual and visual route description.
• Visual and vocal guidance in real time.
• Re-routing according to real location.
• Information about distance and ETA (estimated time of arrival) from target and maneuvers during the navigation.
All of these features are provided on top of the basic capabilities Atlas Mobile API, including:
• Interactive maps with world coverage, allowing zooming, panning and dragging.
• Search addresses, points-of-Interest (POIs) and driving directions.
• Custom layers and dynamic content display.
• Keypad and touch screen support.
• Extendable Plug-ins and Widgets based framework.
• Rich multimedia management.
AtlasCT's Navigation API is the platform for City Cruiser, semifinalist of the 2008 NAVTEQ® Global LBS Challenge™ in the category of Navigation application, for the Asia-Pacific region.
The Mobile API is compatible with Java™ ME (J2ME) mobile phones and smartphones on 2G-3.5G and has a long track record of success running on Nokia, Samsung, Sony-Ericsson, Motorola, LG and more devices.
Find out more about Atlas Navigation API as well as other APIs at the company’s website www.atlasct.com. Check out the mobile portal http://abmaps.mobi and download reLive!, which is based on Atlas Mobile API.
AtlasCT (www.atlasct.com) is a leading developer and provider of worldwide location-based solutions. Our products are designed to supply APIs for maps and location-based services (LBS) for web and mobile platforms. Our cutting edge vector maps technology allows delivery of high quality maps for mobile devices and is the core technology of Nokia Mobile Search maps worldwide.
The names of the companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.