Discussion Board

Internals of FlashLite Player

Hi,

I am new to the FlashLite area.
    i saw the way a FlashLite application has to be created. So here we just give the path of the sWF file that has to be played and the framework seems to be taking care of playing the flash file.
    All the events - click, key events etc are also handled by the framework?

how is this done? what are the components that has to be available on the mobile to give this support?
    Any ideas...or information?
    Is there some server or engine to play the SWF files? if so what does it do?
    Girish.R
    A Symbian Developer

Re: Internals of FlashLite Player

hey,

yes, you can just have a "naked" .swf file and let the built in Flash Player open it in a similar fashion as for example the media player would open a video. but also you can package it up as a "proper" installable application like .sis for Symbian to have it as an application. both of these require it to be preinstalled though or you can do it yourself on certain S60 devices.

all the key events, touch events, date&time, etc. are registered by the FP, which is possible because it`s integrated with the OS of the device, be it S40, S60 or even your desktop computer the whole idea is that you have the same (or at least similar) FP on every platform.

if your device doesn`t support it though it`s practically impossible to do it yourself, unless you have some 1337 haxor skillz

Daaain, when you say 'package it up as a "proper" installable application' - how do you achieve this, are you able to point me to a resource that might describe this process? I am having trouble finding this information on the internets

Thx dude!

Super Contributor

Thanks Petrib!