Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Route outgoing call output to loudspeaker

Hi all,
    I want to route outgoing call output (before dial number) to loudspeaker programmatically and, at the end of the call, do viceversa.

So I have successfully used the wiki "CS001137 - Routing a voice call between the earpiece and the loudspeaker". This code runs fine on N95 (loudspeaker go on before dial number) but not on N96 and other 3.2 devices as N78 and 6210 Navigator.

I discover on the forum that this code can be used only on 3.0 devices (strange that runs fine on N95!).

So I have used Call Audio Control API, without success on N96. If I launch this api before i call the number, i receive an -46 error code and loudspeaker doesn't work. If I launch this api after answered the call, i receive an 0 error but loudspeaker doesn't work again.

Si I have read Call Audio Control API that says:

"* 3. Some of the functions (routing, volume, and gain control) defined in this
    * interface can only be used during an active Circuit Switching OR Video
    * Telephony OR Nokia internal VoIP call.
    * If those functions are used when there is no active call, they return
    * KErrPermissionDenied. Check individual function documentation for more
    * information.
    "

Routing can be only used during "an active Circuit Switching OR Video Telephony OR Nokia internal VoIP call", as it says. In my case (normal audio call) this doesn't work? is it so?

At the end I tryed to use CAudioOutput passing at the static NewL function, first an CMdaAudioOutputStream and then MCustomInterface. In both cases code runs but loudspeaker doesn't work.

So, what other solution can i try to route output to loudspeaker on N96, N78 and 6210 Navigator (all 3.2 devices)?

Thank you very much

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Route outgoing call output to loudspeaker

Your "normal audio call" is a circuit switched one therefore the API should work. The -46 you're getting is the KErrPermissionDenied error, an it conforms to the quoted documentation. If the sound is not routed to the loudspeaker after the call was established then that is something that requires further investigation ...
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Re: Route outgoing call output to loudspeaker

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Your "normal audio call" is a circuit switched one therefore the API should work. The -46 you're getting is the KErrPermissionDenied error, an it conforms to the quoted documentation. If the sound is not routed to the loudspeaker after the call was established then that is something that requires further investigation ...
    Ok ... I'll try again with Call Audio Control API.

Trahnk you ... later I'll post my result.

Bye