Discussion Board

Exclamation Symbian Signed moved to Symbian Foundation ..

"The services provided by Symbian Signed will soon be changing ownership, with Symbian Foundation (www.symbianfoundation.org) taking ownership of all services provided by Symbian Signed.To ensure that your account remains active and transfers all the information and data required to provide the service, you must give your consent for your personal data to be transferred to the Symbian Foundation. We urge all users to provide consent to allow us to continue to provide the same service to you. "

What is benefit of moving to symbian foundation,can we signed the application same as earlier or its gonna be free for ACS holder.Lot of confusion.Whts the benefit of moving to Symbian foundation.
    Regards
    Kamal :)
    ------------------
    You never expect what expects you.

Regular Contributor

Re: Symbian Signed moved to Symbian Foundation ..

Hi,

I also seen the link on Symbiansigned.com named.
    "Consent Required to Move Account Data to the Symbian Foundation". What does it means ?

I want to know what are the benefits i will get if i moved ot symbian foundation. Does i have to pay anything. What does exact mean by "Consent Required to Move Account Data".

If I Moved, What would be the changes in the procedure for further signing-related activities?

Pros and Cons for doing the transfer at the earliest ?

Waiting for reply.

Thanks,
    Naresh
    --
    Thanks,
    Naresh

Nokia Developer Moderator

The Symbian OS and related services (like Symbian Signed) are now gradually transferred to a new organization, the Symbian Foundation. According to the private data protection legislation your account information cannot be transferred from one organization to the other without your explicit consent.

There will be no change in the way the Symbian Signed certification scheme operates and there will be no immediate impact for you (e.g. you will still use http://www.symbiansigned.com as before).
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Thanks ltomuta. I have some more doubts. Please guide me from where I will get the answers.

1. What is the last date to move data from symbiansigned to symbianfoundation.
    2. What I will lose if I am not moving data. or it is compulsory to move ?
    3. Will symbianfoundation charged me for that ? how much ?
    4. What will be difference in symbianfoundation compare to symbiansigned.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
    Naresh Gurbani
    --
    Thanks,
    Naresh

Nokia Developer Moderator

1) I don't know but for anything related to Symbian Signed the best source of info should be still http://developer.symbian.com/forum/f...spa?forumID=54

2) You will not be able to access Symbian Signed services with the old account anymore after the migration end-date so you will have to create a new one. This might lead to complications with regards to having previously assigned UIDs or granted developer certificates recognized as belonging to [the new] you.

3) No, nothing changes in this process except for the entity that manages the services and therefore the database holding your private info. Your account data is stored in a DB owned by Symbian Ltd. and after the transition that database will be owned by the Symbian Foundation.

4) As I mentioned before, I do not expect that Symbian Signed (either the service or the web site) changes in any way. See answer 3)

In my personal opinion there is nothing that should prevent you from acception the account data transfer and it is in your advantage to do so. Just one click and you can then forget about anything related to this topic, you can simply expect to have access to the service any time you need it, regardless of who provides the service.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Hi Folks,
    as already stated all over the internet and even on my blog:
    !JUST DO IT!

Sorry for the stupid font, but it really is important. If you loose your UID's, hell will break loose for you and your users.

I did the switch myself and had no eekers. Just consent, and be happy!

P.S. If I don't forget, I will post another reminder to my blog tonight.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Super Contributor

P.s. I kept my promise:
    http://tamss60.tamoggemon.com/2009/0...s-consent-now/

All the best
    Tam
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog