Discussion Board

Is there a C++ API for the video player

I have a C++ application running on the 3650, from it I would like to be able to call the API to the video player to enable me to launch a local video file (and in the future stream a video file) then take control of the X,Y co-ordinates for placement on screen and all the normal stop start play functions. I am aware of the Java video API (JSR135) is there an equivalent C++ API, if there is no C++ API is there an easy way of calling the Java API from a C++ program (i.e. without using JNI)?

Also which of the three video players (hantro, realone) can be controlled with this API?

RE: Is there a C++ API for the video player

Dear avbrozhko,

I want to ask the same question also. And I want to ask you something on the Nokia 3650, how I can input my developed C++ application into 3650? Would you mind to share your C++ application with me. Please give me reply asap. Thanks!

fm Wilson (Nokia 3650 User)

Same question

Hi avbrozhko,
    Did you get an answer, I have exactly the same question : how to launch a video file from a C++ application on Nokia 3650, an in which format ?

Thanks.

Super Contributor
    As far as I know there is no API for placing = embedding video player to your app. On some Series60 phones (I'm not sure if on all) is RealOne player application which can be launched by you from your app, but it opens as new program.

Great ! How ?

Thanks Sopta,
    That's exactly what I'd like to do : the simplest way to launch an external video player (Real or any other ?) from my application, with a specified, local video, in it. It seems quite simple but I can't find the beginning of a doc about that.

Super Contributor
    Actually, I've never done it but I guess you could start with "Utilizing External Application Views" document (you can get it somewhere at nokia's pages)...

Or you can look at this thread (it's about launching WAP browser) http://nkn.forum.nokia.com/forum/sho...t=%2Alaunch%2A and get some ideas from it...

RealPlayer has been around in S60 phones since the 3650. You can pass video clips to it using CDocumentHandler. The player can be embedded in your application as well.

Lauri

But when i use the CDocumentHandler I have no control of it, i mean to pause/ stop and fullscreen the video.
    laa-laa can you post an example how to use the CDocumentHandler, i would appreciate this.
    I am waiting for your replies.
    Thx

Smile Re: Is there a C++ API for the video player

Hi,
    You can you CVideoPlayerUtility Class to play video file.
    alternatively you can create a playlist and pass it to realplayer.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Is there a C++ API for the video player

Though Sueggelh writes "I am waiting for your replies.", it happened in 2004. So it is not sure that he/she is still waiting.