Discussion Board

Registration for LBS Challenge and NAVTEQ

Hi,

I am a newbie to mobile development. I attended NOKIA conference at Bangalore, India and I learnt about LBS Challenge. I tried registering myself at NAVTEQ as developer from India. I got a mail from NAVTEQ asking me to fill 3 forms. I filled and sent them back. Its been 2 weeks and no reply so far. Feb13 is the last day for registration and I am running out of time. Can anyone help me in this?

Thank you,
    Ibrahim Ibn Dawood

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Registration for LBS Challenge and NAVTEQ

All though Nokia owns Navteq, we are still functioning not that closely that we at Forum nokia developer discussions baord could check their compatitions internal information, so, I would need to ask you to go to their web site, and see their contact infrormation and sent direct queries to them.

Do visit the official web site of the competition at http://developer.navteq.com/site/glo..._apac_home.jsp and look for contact info.

P.S.: In fact, which forms have you filled and why? All that seems to be required is to be a member of Navteq Network for Developers (http://nn4d.com) and then fill a form online where you acknowledge that you are interested in registering for the competition and that you accept the governing rules. That's all, I've just did it and within seconds I've received an email confirmation of my registration.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2009-02-07 at 10:41.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks All for your replies.

I got the contact information and I called up Singapore. The lady at the desk routed me to a guy in India who in turn routed to another guy. He asked for all my mail communications with Navteq and I sent him all mails but now he his telling that he himself don't know whats going on and asks me to wait and see what happens. I don't know whats going on there.

The forms? Ok, since I am from India and India was listed among some weird export list of America, they sent me 3 forms. 1. Nuclear, 2. Chemical, 3. Missile and I was required to fill how do I/myclient use the Navteq data in connection with the above 3 things.I replied them saying I am a developer/freelancer and don't have any clients as of now. I waited for there reply and one week was gone. Then I filled all the forms and sent them back and no reply yet. Please help , it would be great If I can compete with you guys.

Smile Re: Registration for LBS Challenge and NAVTEQ

If you are already in contact with Navteq then there's nothing than anyone else can do more for you. I'm sure they will give you an answer soon. Meanwhile you should focus in finishing your application.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Hi ibndawood! Welcome to Forum Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!!

Good to see that you have attended Forum Nokia Developer Conference in India and is now our Discussion Board member. I am based in India and let us know if you face any further issues, we can try to help you out.

Regards
    Gopal
    Twitter : @balagopalks
    Linkedin : @balagopalks