Discussion Board

Error linking to obex.lib

Hi,

I'm trying build bluetooth obex server based on the obexexchange example, but the following error occurs when I'm compiling the project:

arm-none-symbianelf-ld: \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\release\armv5\LIB\obex.dso: No such file: No such file or directory

The project compiles fine if I comment out everything related to the obex libries and remove the obex library include command from .pro file (I'm using Qt-temple in this project).

I'm working with Carbide 2.0 + 5th edt sdk and the operating system is Vista.

What am I doing wrong, something missing from libraries or capabilities? I'd really appreciate if somebody could help me with this problem cause I'm really stuck in this.

ps. my .pro file's libs and capabilities are set as below

Code:
    LIBS += -lbluetooth \
    	-lobex \
        -lbtextnotifiers \
        -leuser \
        -lesock \
        -lbtmanclient

TARGET.CAPABILITY += NetworkServices \
        LocalServices \
        ReadUserData \
        WriteUserData \
        WriteDeviceData
    Last edited by Haapakanni; 2009-02-07 at 19:44.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Error linking to obex.lib

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!

Try to post your query at dedicated forum Qt for S60 - Discussion Boards > Programming Languages > Other Languages > Qt for S60

And also try to use SDK help for determining what libraries must be linked with used classes.
    Last edited by A.A.M.; 2009-02-07 at 14:17.

Nokia Developer Moderator

If you visit \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\release\armv5\lib you will see that although there is no obex.dso, there are obexclientmtm.dso, obexmtmutil.dso (and obexservermtm.dso), you can try if they (especially the first two) help.

Quote Originally Posted by A.A.M. View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!

Try to post your query at dedicated forum Qt for S60 - Discussion Boards > Programming Languages > Other Languages > Qt for S60

And also try to use SDK help for determining what libraries must be linked with used classes.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not exactly sure where to post cause I think that the problem isn't only related Qt for S60.

To be more specific I'm using CObexServer which is located in obexserver.h. SDK help says that the headers are supposed to be linked against obex.lib as I've been trying to do.

Any ideas what could be the reason?

Nokia Developer Champion

I suggest you trying to link against obexservermtm.lib like wizard_hu already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    If you visit \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\epoc32\release\armv5\lib you will see that although there is no obex.dso, there are obexclientmtm.dso, obexmtmutil.dso (and obexservermtm.dso), you can try if they (especially the first two) help.
    Thanks, I tried all three of the libs but it didn't help. The result was following (about 10 errors):

Code:
    Creation Time	Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
    1234020690808	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0x62): undefined reference to `CObexServer::IsStarted()'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020690839	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0x7a): undefined reference to `CObexServer::Stop()'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020690870	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `CObexServer::IsStarted()'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020690902	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0xb2): undefined reference to `CObexServer::Stop()'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020690933	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0xd8): undefined reference to `CObexServer::IsStarted()'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020690964	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0xf0): undefined reference to `CObexServer::Stop()'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020690995	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0x152): undefined reference to `CObexServer::NewL(TObexProtocolInfo&)'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020691026	stbbtserver.cpp:(.text+0x15a): undefined reference to `CObexServer::Start(MObexServerNotify*)'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020691058	\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\EPOC32\BUILD\Sympparit\SBT2_Bluetooth\SBT2_BLUETOOTH_88F0A4F7\GCCE\urel\STBBTServer.o:(.rodata+0x8): undefined reference to `MObexServerNotify::MOSN_ExtensionInterfaceL(TUid, void*&)'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    1234020691089	\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9\EPOC32\BUILD\Sympparit\SBT2_Bluetooth\SBT2_BLUETOOTH_88F0A4F7\GCCE\urel\STBBTServer.o:(.rodata+0x60): undefined reference to `typeinfo for MObexServerNotify'	SBT2_Bluetooth		line 0	C/C++ Problem
    All libraries and capabilities that I used were following, but the CObexServer wasn't found from dlls if I assume right? (header that I used was obexserver.h)

Code:
    LIBS += -lbtdevice \
    	-lbtcmtm \
    	-lbluetooth \
    	-lobexmtmutil \
    	-lobexclientmtm \
    	-lobexservermtm \
        -lbtextnotifiers \
        -leuser \
        -lesock \
        -lbtmanclient
    TARGET.CAPABILITY += LocalServices \
        NetworkControl \
     	NetworkServices \
     	ProtServ \
     	ReadDeviceData \
        ReadUserData \
        TCB \
        WriteUserData \
        WriteDeviceData
    Last edited by Haapakanni; 2009-02-07 at 19:52.

Finally, problem solved: I linked instead of obex.lib to irobex.lib.

Thank you for helping me to solve this out.