Discussion Board

SDK verification problems

Hi,

I just installed S60 5th_Edition SDK v0.9 and now I'm following the verification steps in the included guide. The first task is compiling and running the hello world application. The "bldmake bldfiles" generates some make files for the application + abld.bat (this seems to be correct). However the "abld build" command generates the "Nothing to do" message and no new output files are produced. Naturally, I can't continue starting the application in the simulator...

Another guide suggests using "abld build winscw udeb". If I compile with this command I no longer get the previous message, just a lot of output info, though no clear errors/warnings. However I still can't find the example application on the emulator.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Last edited by MihaiD; 2009-02-07 at 15:40.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: SDK verification problems

Welcome to the Discussion board, glad to see people who still like doing it command line, it used to be the way really, but nowadays we do have rather nice IDEs, so if you want to make it easier, you could try Carbide C++ IDE, its free and rather nice already.

Also, if you want to try it comamnd line, check with devices that you have the correct SDK as default one, then try again bldmake bldfiles, and then try the build with full syntax, like "abld build winscw udeb" and maybe it works better.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Before using the Nokia C/C++ compiler in command line (that's what abld build amounts to eventually) you have to configure it for command line use.

When installing Carbide.c++ a note is displayed telling you how to enable command line builds: look for the "Configure environment for WINSCW command line" shortcut under Start -> Programs -> Carbide.c++ 2.0

Also, see the starting tutorial linked in my signature, it has a more complete SDK install verification guide.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

OK, problem solved. Thanks for the quick reply