Discussion Board

How to load image and replace on touch event ?

Hello,

I am new into Symbian App.

I have S60 5th Edition and Carbide.c++. I want to use Touch UI - Events and make a project for Nokia 5800.

Que-1: Is it right configuration (S60 5th Edition & carbide.c++) for creating Nokia 5800 App?
    Que-2: How can load image on emulator & use Touch UI events ?
    Que-3: Can I change images on "<<Prvious" and ""Next>>" Touch button ? How ? Example ?

Please provide me answer of above questions and also send me examples URLs as soon as possible.

Many Thanks.
    Krushna

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to load image and replace on touch event ?

Que-1: Is it right configuration (S60 5th Edition & carbide.c++) for creating Nokia 5800 App?
    If you already have configured Carbide.c++ and S60 5th ed. SDK then yes, now you can develop applications for Nokia 5800.

Que-2: How can load image on emulator & use Touch UI events ?
    I suggest you to begin with reading SDK help: Symbian OS guide » Graphics » Using Graphics Device Interface » Using Bitmaps

In the general case you can declare a class variable of type CFbsBitmap*, load the image to it by direct Load() function (for mbm files only) or by using image utilities (for jpg, gif, png etc. see Wiki examples for help) and then in your Draw() function use CWindowGc's bitmap drawing function to show the image.

+ see this thread: loading image with onclick functionality

Que-3: Can I change images on "<<Prvious" and ""Next>>" Touch button ? How ? Example ?
    What you mean by "images on "<<Prvious" and ""Next>>" Touch button"?

Hello A.A.M,

Thanks for reply,
    I have seen your following URL before post the question but thanks for that.

http://www.symbian.com/developer/tec...aps/index.html

Here, I am explain Que-3 : First of all, start the Application and than load or display the image (abc.jpeg). the bottom of the image & screen has two image ("<<Previous") and ("Next>>") where User can touch that image button (next and previous) than image will be move. if user touch "Next >>" button than second image(xyz.jpeg) load or display on screen.

if you have any example or URL for that please send me.

Que-4: How should I change or use different emulator ? Is it possible that I can use Nokia 5800 Express - emulator and run my test application ?

Thanks.

Que-3
    You can handle touch events (click on your image, for example): How to Handle Pointer Events in a Custom Control

Also S60 5th ed. have new useful API - Toolbar API, see this how to Working with Toolbar API - S60 Touch UI

Que-4: How should I change or use different emulator ? Is it possible that I can use Nokia 5800 Express - emulator and run my test application ?
    You mean how to change skin or what? S60 5th ed. SDK already have an emulator.

Hello A.A.M,

Yes, I knew that S60 5th Edition has emulator but how should I change the skin or other emulator (looks like Nokia 5800 Express - skin) ?
    Please provide the steps for that if change the skin of emulator is possible.

Run emulator, go to
    Ctrl.panel > Personal > Themes > General > Now you can change theme by selecting it from the list

Hello A.A.M,

It is fine and I am able to change the emulator - skin but my question about different emulator. It means that If I run application and every time same emulator or simulator run but if I want to use other emulator or simulator (its same look like Nokia 5800 Express - device) so how can I do that things ?
    Please guide me and provide steps or URLs for that.

Many Thanks.

S60 5th ed. SDK include only one emulator which emulates functionality of 5th ed. devices. As i know, there is no any other emulators.

The S60 5th Edition SDK emulator has the same main characteristics as Nokia 5800 (touch support, same screen size, same UI interaction model) but you can also change the configuration into a smaller touch-less "device" (see SDK's help for emulator configuration change). You can also change emulator's orientation so that it displays in landscape mode.

As A.A.M. said, there is no other, more "device like" emulator, nor should there be a need for one.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite