Discussion Board

Question Reconfigure the QT

After having all the configure processed on S60 3rd_SDK edition shall we have to again go through whole process when we are installing S60 5th SDK or we can set the default for that?????

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Reconfigure the QT

Hi,
    I think you have to configure Qt for each SDK saperately. That means yo have to repeat all procedure again.
    Jajal Mehul

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mind_freak View Post
    After having all the configure processed on S60 3rd_SDK edition shall we have to again go through whole process when we are installing S60 5th SDK or we can set the default for that?????
    Since you would be extracting the QT to a certain SDK, its only appropriate that you need to do the configurations for each one. Guess thats the payoff for the initial hickups Besides I guess you can see that it perfects the art of configuring QT

No, you don't have to reconfigure Qt for S60, just re-build it for each SDK.

The configure step is SDK independent - it just builds the necessary tools and (IIRC) creates the MMP files etc.

You still need to build the Qt libraries for each SDK, so you can use devices -setdefault to pick the new SDK, then run bldmake bldfiles and abld build winscw udeb again. And of course extract the device binaries to the new SDK too if you want to deploy to a device running that Edition and Feature Pack. That should do it.

Mark

Nokia Developer Moderator

I meant that QT libraries need to be built separately for each SDK. Thanks for proper details Mark