Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

What "Heading" exactly mean in "Course"?

Hi
    I am developing a location based application which retrieves GPS locations of the device using Location API framework.
    I am testing it on emulator.
    In that I am fetching heading from the TCourse object got from TPositionSatelliteInfo object. First time it is giving me value 360. In next subsequent course I am getting values like 334.10001, 329.3999, 343.50000 etc.

So my query is what exactly these values shows and in what reference. Like values are with respect to just previously location or starting location? And also with what reference I mean how I can know the direction? This heading value(angle in degree) is from which direction?

Thanks
    Thanks & Regards

Manoj Prajapat

Re: What "Heading" exactly mean in "Course"?

Quote Originally Posted by prajapatmanoj View Post
    Hi
    I am developing a location based application which retrieves GPS locations of the device using Location API framework.
    I am testing it on emulator.
    In that I am fetching heading from the TCourse object got from TPositionSatelliteInfo object. First time it is giving me value 360. In next subsequent course I am getting values like 334.10001, 329.3999, 343.50000 etc.

So my query is what exactly these values shows and in what reference. Like values are with respect to just previously location or starting location? And also with what reference I mean how I can know the direction? This heading value(angle in degree) is from which direction?

Thanks
    Retrieved info regarded course/direction is calculated in degrees relatively to the true North.

For more info search in the S60 5th SDK for key-phrase "Using Location Acquisition API".

Regular Contributor

Thanks Damavik.

I got it. Please correct me if I am wronge.
    The Heading is the basically angle, in degree, with respect to the North direction in clockwise direction.
    Thanks & Regards

Manoj Prajapat

Quote Originally Posted by prajapatmanoj View Post
    Thanks Damavik.

I got it. Please correct me if I am wronge.
    The Heading is the basically angle, in degree, with respect to the North direction in clockwise direction.
    I think you're right.