×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    95

    widsets on mobile..

    hi...

    i am new to widsets development ... i want to install an widset on my mobile ..

    how can i do that..

    i can't find any thing abt it on forum..

    i m able to run it on emulator...

    Can anybody help me out..

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: widsets on mobile..

    Quote Originally Posted by neel.soft View Post
    hi...

    i am new to widsets development ... i want to install an widset on my mobile ..

    how can i do that..

    i can't find any thing abt it on forum..

    i m able to run it on emulator...

    Can anybody help me out..
    hello neel.soft

    its very easy to install widget in your device and emulator both.
    Just place the .wgz in c:\\Data\\others folder in emulator and browse it using your filemanager. This will install the widget in your emulator.

    For device follow the same thing but you can place the .wgz file in both memory card or phone memory.

    Hope this helps you

    Best regards
    Gaba88

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    95

    Re: widsets on mobile..

    hi,

    thanks for ur reply...u told to send .wgz file to C:\data\others .. but i want to know where can i get this .wgz file....


    what is .wgz file ...? is it a executable file for an widset...if yes how can i make it?

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: widsets on mobile..

    hello again

    .wgz is the executable file for wigets.

    i think you need to learn some basics about widgets have a look the wiki page for widgets and read that throughly.

    Hope this helps you

    Best regards
    Gaba88

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,491

    Re: widsets on mobile..

    Quote Originally Posted by neel.soft View Post
    hi,

    thanks for ur reply...u told to send .wgz file to C:\data\others .. but i want to know where can i get this .wgz file....


    what is .wgz file ...? is it a executable file for an widset...if yes how can i make it?
    A short way to explain it with as little as I know, you have to zip your files (plist, html, css, etc files) and rename the extension to wgz. Thats the one you would want to copy to your device.

    I sincerely recommend you to read the basic documents suggested in various threads of yours earlier.

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    95

    Re: widsets on mobile..

    hi,

    i tried what u said ...i.e zippped all the files and then changed the extension to .wgz .Then i transferred the file on the mobile. but when i click on the .wgz file it open all the files and nothing get installed ...


    Can u help me?

    Actually what i m working on is widsets sdk ...a folder get installed named devkit when i install the downloaded sdk..

    Compile procedure:

    devkit upload .\examples\hello_world(app folder name)

    Run procedure:

    devkit run

    There are some helium files,.png files , widget.xml file in the examples given within the sdk..

    i m able to run them all on emulator and i want to install them on mobile..



    Finally i want to tell that i got confused between Widsets and WRT after your answer..

    i also want to tell u that what all u told me is abt widgets and not widsets..what i think so?


    Plz help me out

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,491

    Re: widsets on mobile..

    Quote Originally Posted by neel.soft View Post
    hi,

    i tried what u said ...i.e zippped all the files and then changed the extension to .wgz .Then i transferred the file on the mobile. but when i click on the .wgz file it open all the files and nothing get installed ...


    Can u help me?

    Actually what i m working on is widsets sdk ...a folder get installed named devkit when i install the downloaded sdk..

    Compile procedure:

    devkit upload .\examples\hello_world(app folder name)

    Run procedure:

    devkit run

    There are some helium files,.png files , widget.xml file in the examples given within the sdk..

    i m able to run them all on emulator and i want to install them on mobile..



    Finally i want to tell that i got confused between Widsets and WRT after your answer..

    i also want to tell u that what all u told me is abt widgets and not widsets..what i think so?


    Plz help me out
    Sorry we were (Gargi Das and myself) were referring to Widgets all along.

    With so many of your threads asking the same things running at the same time, one tends to read a little quicker than usual. Sorry..My Bad

Similar Threads

  1. Opportunities for developers - Check out WidSets!
    By Maveric in forum Symbian C++
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-06-15, 16:19
  2. Opportunities for developers - Check out WidSets!
    By Maveric in forum Widsets Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-06-15, 16:19
  3. Opportunities for i.e. Java developers - Check out WidSets!
    By Maveric in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-06-15, 16:13
  4. Wanna be Senior MIDP (Mobile Java) Developer in the best start-up company in Europe??
    By JimBraire in forum News, Announcements and Job Listings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-09-14, 12:07
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-07-15, 23:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •