Discussion Board

Plug-in for the ACR122 reader

Hello,

I know there are only two kinds of readers the Series 40 Nokia 6212 SDK supports. But since the ACR122 also is a much used device, I was wondering whether it was possible to find this plug-in somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Re: Plug-in for the ACR122 reader

Quote Originally Posted by Thomassius View Post
    Hello,

I know there are only two kinds of readers the Series 40 Nokia 6212 SDK supports. But since the ACR122 also is a much used device, I was wondering whether it was possible to find this plug-in somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
    Hello Thomas, I was wondering (assuming you receive a notification about this message) if you ever received an answer to this question. I am using the 6212 emulator, and I will be getting an NFC reader very soon, and wondered if the two were compatible.

If you did find an answer, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by craig_mobiqa View Post
    Hello Thomas, I was wondering (assuming you receive a notification about this message) if you ever received an answer to this question. I am using the 6212 emulator, and I will be getting an NFC reader very soon, and wondered if the two were compatible.

If you did find an answer, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks!

Hey Craig!

This is what the official Nokia site says:

External readers can be used to simulate NFC features such as reading and writing to physical tags and communicating between an applet running in a smart card based on Java Card technology and a MIDlet running in an emulator. The emulator supports connection to the following external card readers:
    • OMNIKEY 5321 (with support for tag read and write, and access to secure elements).
    • NXP CL RD701 (with support for tag read and write).
    The SDK includes an external card-reader plug-in API, which can be used to enable other tag readers.
    Using these readers, the emulator provides support for reading the following virtual tag types:
    • NFC Forum Type 2.
    • NFC Forum Type 4.
    • Mifare Standard 1k.
    • Mifare Standard 4k.
    All other readers should be connected by writing a plug-in. I think Nokia doesnt provide this plug-ins, neither do the readerproviders. But Nokia does provide support, on the forum some people say writing an API is not so difficult, far as far from now I do not have a clue how the exaclty do it (to be honest: I didnt try to much).

Far as far as the two compatible readers concerns, we are going to buy the OMNIKEY reader in the near future. It is cheaper and provides more functionality (acess to secure elements!). The NXP reader is, in my point of view more a showoff product for the inside chip (NXP duh).

Regular Contributor

it will provide you NFC SDK Detail
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...2_NFC_SDK.html

Contactless Communication API will be helpful for implementing

The Contactless Communication API is a Java™ ME optional package. It contains an API that allows applications to access information on contactless targets such as secure cards and NFC tags.

This API allows communication with external smart cards by providing them with a discovery mechanism. The actual communication with ISO 14443-compliant smart cards is done with APDU commands.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Resources...Features.xhtml

The JSR-257 implementation provided in the SDK and Nokia 6212 classic phone includes extensions to support:
    Mifare Ultralight.....Sony FeliCa (nonsecured elements).

By cross checking the details of ACR122NFC

The ACR122 is a PC-linked contactless smart card reader/writer developed on the 13.56MHz Contactless (RFID) Technology and followed the ISO/IEC18092 Standard for Near Field Communication (NFC), supporting not only Mifare® ISO 14443 A and B cards but also NFC and FeliCa contactless technologies(http://www.acs.com.hk/acr122.php)

Hope Contactless Communication API will be helpful in implementation.

If you would not be forgotten As soon as you are dead and rotten either write things worth Reading or do things worth Writing

The plugin is available. Have a look at the following discussion:
    http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...r-%28ACR122%29