Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

[moved] QT Environment

I am facing problem that i have done a project in 3rd edition SDK.now i want to run in QT frame work.how i can do it.
    Pls any one can help me as soon as possible.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] QT Environment

What exactly is the problem? What project have you done so far and what is the relationship between it and Qt (if any)?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Many thanks to reply ltomuta.
    Actually i have done a project ToDo in 3rd edition sdk.there have a option any color any where.
    it is not possible in SDK 3rd version.so its have to by QT.Now i want to add this todo in qt environment.i have seen that there no similarities between QT in 5th SDK & 3rs sdk.so what can i do.pls suggest me.

jobayer

Regular Contributor

In 3rd sdk have ToDo_reg.rss & ToDo.rss but in qt have no ToDo.rss file.so how
    i create this file.

Regular Contributor

in 3rd sdk have .svg,ToDo_50.SISx,ToDo.pkg,ToDo.SIS but in qt dont have this file.so pls me help me as soon as possible.

Nokia Developer Moderator

abdullah,

please note that Qt for S60 is currently in technology preview status which means it is currently being ported to S60 and only made available to developers so that they can give feedback to the development team about the implementation decisions.

This also means that Qt for S60 is currently not fit for production and in order to create a suitable project, with all the components you expect on a Symbian project you might need to do some hacking.

Some features are indeed missing currently, like the ability to set an icon to your application. If your application is otherwise ready you can hack an icon for it as described here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=156583

My advice: try to make an Avkon (traditional S60) version of your application and release it for your cusomers even if it has a less optimal design. At the same time continue workin on the Qt version, eventually developing it usign the Windows or .Mac tools and SDK which are stable and complete. Once you have the app in the desired state and the "Qt for S60" is available in a fit for release state you can make the minimal changes required for an S60 port (if any) and then release the "Qt for S60" version of your app.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Dear Lucian
    many many thanks to reply.mainly i need to create many color for priority setting.now i can create 16 color by using CAknColorSelectionGrid class.so is it possible in 3rd version sdk.

Would u tell me or any link about "Avkon (traditional S60) version".what is it?
    Jobayer

Regular Contributor

Dear Lucian

Is any relation about color and "Avkon (traditional S60) version"?
    Avkon is used for view-switching architecture.

Jobayer