Hi,

I am trying to get a CEikRichTextEditor to input characters - currently it will only input numbers.

I actually have a working CEikRichTextEditor which allows character and numeric input in a basic application (where the AppUi owns the CCoeControl). However when I put the editor into a view based application, it will not allow character input.

I've overridden InputCapabilities() as some posts suggests, but this is not getting called in the Control. I have also implemented this in the AppUI - this is getting called, but still no character input.

I've tried constructing from resource where i've set the following flags
Code:
RESOURCE RTXTED r_richtext_editor
	{
	width = 176;
	height = 180;
	textlimit = 2000;
	avkon_flags = EAknEditorFlagDefault;
	default_case = EAknEditorLowerCase;
	allowed_case_modes = EAknEditorUpperCase | EAknEditorLowerCase;
	numeric_keymap = EAknEditorPlainNumberModeKeymap;
	allowed_input_modes = EAknEditorTextInputMode | EAknEditorNumericInputMode;
	default_input_mode = EAknEditorTextInputMode;
	special_character_table = R_AVKON_SPECIAL_CHARACTER_TABLE_DIALOG;
	}
and also constructed from code, setting the input mode flags
Code:
	SetInputCapabilitiesL(TCoeInputCapabilities::EAllText);
	SetAknEditorAllowedInputModes(EAknEditorAllInputModes);
	SetAknEditorInputMode(EAknEditorTextInputMode); 
	SetAknEditorCase(EAknEditorLowerCase);
I've tried unfocusing and refocusing the editor. The control is on the control stack and is recieving key events, but it will only display numeric values.

This is odd as I have a working version in a non-view based app. I also have the example RichTextEditor working, which comes with the sdk. But as soon as I add this code to a view based app, it no-longer accepts character input.

Have I missed something? Is the view blocking the framework call to InputCapabilities()?

Thanks,
Helen

P.S. I'm using 3rd Ed FP2 and problem occurs on both emulator and device.