Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Autofocus fp1 & fp2 in the same application ?

Hi,

I'm working on an application that use camera autofocus on FP1. All is fine with this application. Now I would like to compile it for FP2.

So, I saw that I need to use another api for FP2 (I downloaded the exemple, but didn't have a lot of time to see the details for now).

Is that possible to create an application that know automaticaly which type of engine using ? (the old autofocus lib, or the new advanced camera setting), Or I realy have to create 2 distincte executables ?

And if it's possible to create only one application, how could I dynamicaly see on which type on plateform the code is executed. ?

kind regards

Christophe

Re: Autofocus fp1 & fp2 in the same application ?

You can do it with 1 application but it is hard. Hopefully Forum Nokia will provide an official solution for this.

If you just use the APIs normally then it will try to load the relevant DLLs at startup and crash if they aren't present in the device. If you're lucky there'll be some kind of stub there that returns KErrNotSupported, but I don't think this is always the case. The alternative is to try to load the DLLs dynamically (RLibrary). This then answers your other question about how to see which type of platform it is (in fact this is better than any other method because I don't think all FP2 devices support the new API).

Unfortunately, this makes for horrible code so the 2 version option is probably better. There are far too many breaks in the camera APIs but I'm hopeful that a proper solution to this issue will be forthcoming.

Mark

Regular Contributor

Re: Autofocus fp1 & fp2 in the same application ?

Thx for enlighting me,

It confirme what I suposed. Probably possible, but to many time to waste on it, for not enought garanties of full working on all devices.

In a first time I'll probably use the 2 releases way, and If I have more time for this I'll try an allInOne solution based on dynamical lib loading.

So, thx again for your quick answer.

Christophe