Discussion Board

Audio Routing API for S60 5th

Hi,

Audio Routing API for S60 3rd FP2 is not working for S60 5th (we tested).

1) How to get this working? Is there a different way for S60 5th?

2) Where can we find the API plugins for S60 5th? No API is mentioned at all for S60 5th at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plugin? Does that mean we are stuck with the functionality provided in S60 5th SDK (which is still 0.9 - therefore Beta?).

3) Any plans for an update of the S60 5th SDK? When is this to be expected?

It is a bit ridiculous we have a complete working product on S60 3rd Edition devices, but if the customer buys a state of the art new product from Nokia (5800) he can not use this product.

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Audio Routing API for S60 5th

Chief lucian would know the best any schdules, but I actually don't know about them, anyway, we do have API partnering where you could request access to non-public S60 C++ APIs, though I'm not aware if this API has been identified for 5th edition yet, and if it has not, then you should actually start by opening technical support case.

Hi symbianyucca,

You mean I have to follow the procedures described in:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...nering_Program

Correct? Thanks for this info - I will have a look and maybe try/evaluate how efficient this procedure works :).

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven

That would be correct way on asking for an access to non-public S60 C++ APIs, so the short answer would be :yes.

I'll try to give some answers:

1) The v1.0 of the S60 5th Edition SDK is being finalized these days but it will not bring any new APIs as compared to the v0.9, only improvements in documentation and tools.

2) The SDK Plug-in is a special release and we're working on it too but with lower priority. If a plug-in API is needed then as Jukka already mentioned there's a well defined process for accessing it.

3) I see no indication in the wiki page of the "Audio Routing API" about it not working with S60 5th Edition. Nor do I see such thing about any of the other APIs. If such information exists it should be added there for everyone's benefit, including Forum Nokia's.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi itomuta,

for 3)

I do not see anything mentioned on S60 5th at all at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plugin. So we tried to use S60 3rd FP2 plugin for Audio Routing in a S60 5th SDK 0.9 environment. The Audio Routing did not work for us on 5800.

Do you mean I should add a comment about this to the page in Wiki? I am fine to do. Normally I only use Forum Nokia and Wiki for searching information.

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven

That's the point, somebody should put the info there when available for others to find it. Otherwise all that one can assume is that the API works just fine, on old and new platform releases just the same.

If you check the initial templates for those API pages they all had a "Known issues" section, so that developers can share their findings about incompatible platform releases or firmware builds. Unfortunately that section faded away quickly and nobody felt the need to put it back.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite