Discussion Board

How to debug the application in NOKIA RDA

Hi,

I installed the application and tried to excute. Its giving some problem. How can i debug it. I saw there is a Debug Log , but nothing is getting written there.

When i click on that Debug Log, it asks me to "Enter a new log file path on the device", i give some name for that and again execut the application, but no logs are getting generated.

I want to send messages to my inbox and check whether those messages are properly displayed.So how can i get to know the device number?

Please let me know about this ASAP.

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to debug the application in NOKIA RDA

Quote Originally Posted by chaishekar View Post
    Hi,

I installed the application and tried to excute. Its giving some problem. How can i debug it. I saw there is a Debug Log , but nothing is getting written there.

When i click on that Debug Log, it asks me to "Enter a new log file path on the device", i give some name for that and again execut the application, but no logs are getting generated.

I want to send messages to my inbox and check whether those messages are properly displayed.So how can i get to know the device number?

Thanks
    Can you tell me the meaning of "properly displayed" ? Do you mean in inbox or somewhere else ?

Super Contributor

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi,
    Would you like to share the issue you are facing..it will be more helpful to explain the solution.

You can indeed send the message to the inbox,but would you please tell us that whether those messages are properly displayed..what these lines are stand for..

You can not read the SIM number,there is no any inbuilt API for the same.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Hi,
    Would you like to share the issue you are facing..it will be more helpful to explain the solution.

You can indeed send the message to the inbox,but would you please tell us that whether those messages are properly displayed..what these lines are stand for..

You can not read the SIM number,there is no any inbuilt API for the same.
    Hi,

What i meant was after sending the message, i wanted to see it in my inbox/Sent items.
    As im using Nokia RDA, i dont know how to get the SIM number, to check sending and receiving messages.
    Also i want to check the logs, but the log is not getting generated.

Super Contributor

Hi,

What i meant was after sending the message, i wanted to see it in my inbox/Sent items.
    As im using Nokia RDA, i dont know how to get the SIM number, to check sending and receiving messages.
    Also i want to check the logs, but the log is not getting generated.
    Hi,
    Well,First of all I would like to tell you that there is no direct/simple way to get the SIM number...

Secondly you have to send the message without port,so that will go to the inbox...but I wonder if that can be shown in sent items...
    Another thing is would like to tell to you that..you can not read that sms which went to inbox.

please check whether these lines make sense.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,