Discussion Board

Does ovi store has channel for freeware and ad-ware?

Can I publish my freeware and adware application to ovi store?

Re: Does ovi store has channel for freeware and ad-ware?

About Free applications, is it possible to publish free and open source application on the OVI store?

The license of the Apple store is a big issue for open source software, is there any plan for open source on OVI?

Nokia Developer Expert

Smile Re: Does ovi store has channel for freeware and ad-ware?

Freeware and Adware will be allowed through Ovi Store. Nokia will also work to provide an ad solution for developers in the future to enable ad ware more easily.

With regards to Open Source, Publishers must be able to comply with the following paragraph of our T&Cs.

"If Your Content includes any Open Source Software, You warrant that You comply with all applicable Open Source Software license terms. Furthermore, You warrant that You will not use any Open Source Software in such a way that would cause the non-Open Source Software portions of the Program, Ovi Store, or any other Nokia software to be subject to any Open Source Software license terms."

Thank you for your answer, that looks great to me

Quote Originally Posted by Head of Ovi Publish View Post
    Freeware and Adware will be allowed through Ovi Store. Nokia will also work to provide an ad solution for developers in the future to enable ad ware more easily.

With regards to Open Source, Publishers must be able to comply with the following paragraph of our T&Cs.

"If Your Content includes any Open Source Software, You warrant that You comply with all applicable Open Source Software license terms. Furthermore, You warrant that You will not use any Open Source Software in such a way that would cause the non-Open Source Software portions of the Program, Ovi Store, or any other Nokia software to be subject to any Open Source Software license terms."
    Is there any channel to publish freeware or opens source software without paying the 50EUR fee? I would propose a kind of registered "publisher" from Nokia, who is evaluating the software for quality and publish it via his account - this would stimulate the wide range of software, developed by communities or enthusiasts, to be available for Nokia phones.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzsuzov View Post
    Is there any channel to publish freeware or opens source software without paying the 50EUR fee?
    I understand your reasons but the 50 Euro fee is to validate a user to keep spammers and viruse writers out.

Ron

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzsuzov View Post
    Is there any channel to publish freeware or opens source software without paying the 50EUR fee? I would propose a kind of registered "publisher" from Nokia, who is evaluating the software for quality and publish it via his account - this would stimulate the wide range of software, developed by communities or enthusiasts, to be available for Nokia phones.
    Check out this Symbian Foundation project: http://developer.symbian.org/main/horizon
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite