×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    109

    What is the user experience of payments?

    I couldn't find a detailed description how the payment system works from the user perspective. I got impression that in some cases, it's added to a phone bill and handled by an operator (great experience), and in some cases it would be a credit card based payment (not that great).

    I can't believe that the operator based system could work with all the operators in the beginning, thus is there any details which operators are partnering? It's crucial information to understand the initial market size so that we can plan launch schedules.

    Also, how exactly will the credit card based payment system work?
    Teemu Kurppa
    Blog: http://dirtyaura.org/blog

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    190

    Lightbulb Re: What is the user experience of payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by teemukurppa View Post
    I couldn't find a detailed description how the payment system works from the user perspective. I got impression that in some cases, it's added to a phone bill and handled by an operator (great experience), and in some cases it would be a credit card based payment (not that great).

    I can't believe that the operator based system could work with all the operators in the beginning, thus is there any details which operators are partnering? It's crucial information to understand the initial market size so that we can plan launch schedules.

    Also, how exactly will the credit card based payment system work?
    It would be add on benefit for developers if OVI can provide with the Country wise list of the operators that support phone billing.

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20

    Smile Re: What is the user experience of payments?

    We are right now finalizing our "Financial Guide for Ovi Publish" which will have all the details of the billing, reconciliation, etc. This will be available as part of the documentation provided to all Publishers.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5

    Re: What is the user experience of payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Head of Ovi Publish View Post
    We are right now finalizing our "Financial Guide for Ovi Publish" which will have all the details of the billing, reconciliation, etc. This will be available as part of the documentation provided to all Publishers.
    Where can i get the "Financial Guide for Ovi Publish" document?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: What is the user experience of payments?

    There are coulpe weeks left before Ovi launch. Will the "Financial Guide for Ovi Publish" be ever published?!

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England,UK
    Posts
    1,600

    Re: What is the user experience of payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by say2paul View Post
    It would be add on benefit for developers if OVI can provide with the Country wise list of the operators that support phone billing.
    Hi,
    There is Country wise list of price points in tha 9th April Webinar Presentation slide Ovi Webinar Presentation slides.

    You should also listen to the Webinar on the Country Wise slide discussion.

    EMEA Ovi Webinar 9th April

    There is an Americas presentation as well.

    Jim

Similar Threads

  1. Pausing a thread when the user leaves the MIDlet
    By Woody_FX in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2010-03-26, 09:23
  2. How to show “spell” cba while user inserting text in T9 mode
    By madsum in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-01-16, 10:00
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-03-04, 10:03
  4. getAppProperty() doesn't work with user attributes?
    By je35 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2005-11-09, 07:59
  5. a question about the user agent string
    By jackchang1@gmail.com in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-09-19, 12:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •