Discussion Board

Red face Device Error Exception in player application when call is in progress.

Hi,

please help me as soon as possible with code.
    I have a j2me player programm(jar file) in my mobile. i have two issues please solve this.

1. ill make call to my mobile from another mobile then i recieve a call . then ill open my application ,currently the player programm(my application) is hanging. if ill cut the call from other side my mobile will show "player.java.mediaexception:device error".
    i want a code such that as soon as ill open my application . if am in some call then my application should popsup a message "call in progress .Do you want to close application".

2. if ill play a song from standard mobile player and then open my application currently my application is hanging. but i want application to show a message. " do u want to continue application because standard player is running" if yes then it should close the standard player and continue. if no it should close my application.

Please help me . I badly need of this solution . please provide some code , example, please please help me.

Thanks&Regards,
    sayeeda,

Regular Contributor

Re: Device Error Exception in player application when call is in progress.

1. Try using pauseApp() and resumeMIDlet() functions of MIDlet to pauss/stop and resume/start your player.
    2. You can display the message but I dont think you can close other applications from your application.

Re: Device Error Exception in player application when call is in progress.

Thank you for replaying.

When a device is in recorder mode . if call comes after recieving the call an after conversation is over i want my recorder to resume. by using pauseapp or resume am not able to resume the recorder.

please help me.

Thanks,
    sayeeda

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Device Error Exception in player application when call is in progress.

Hi prakash,
    well u can use showNotify() and hideNotify to handle external interruption. Whenever any external events occuring hideNotify() will calling automatically so what u have to do is just maintain the state of ur application at hideNotify and pause ur recording or playing whatever is currently run. When external event stops then showNotify call in this u can maintain ur current state of application by resume the player.

please try and do reply..

thanks,
    jitu_goldie..
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..