Discussion Board

Question PLEASE HELP REGARDING LOCATION AND LANDMARK WIDGETS WITHIN SDK...

HI EVERYONE.I'M STUCK IN A PROBLEM.ITS LIKE THIS.IN THE LOCATION AND LANDMARK EXAMPLE WIDGETS ONLY ONE PARTICULAR SET OF VALUES APPEAR IN THE EMULATOR FOR LONGITUDE,LATITUDE,ALTITUDE VALUES...CAN WE EDIT THE EXAMPLE WIDGETS INORDER TO OBTAIN NEW LOCATION VALUES BOTH IN LOCATION AND LANDMARKS WIDGET EXAMPLES?I MEAN I NEED TO SEE CHANGING VALUES OF LONGITUDE,LATITUDE,ALTITUDE VALUES EVERYTIME I CLICK GETLOCATION IN THE LOCATION WIDGET.ALSO AFTER ADDING SEVERAL LANDMARKS IN THE LANDMARK WIDGET,WHEN I GO AND SEE THE LANDMARKS WITHIN APPLICATION/LOCATION,I ONLY SEE SEVERAL LANDMARKS WITH SAME LOCATION VALUES..SO CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST ME HOW TO GET DIFFERENT VALUES OF LOCATION IN THE ABOVE CASES?PLEASE HELP ME...I'M DOING THIS AS PART OF MY FINAL YEAR BE PROJECT AND I VERY BADLY REQUIRE SOMEONE'S HELP...EAGERLY LOOKING FOR HELP...DO REPLY WITH CODE...PLEASE

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: PLEASE HELP REGARDING LOCATION AND LANDMARK WIDGETS WITHIN SDK...

Plase in the future do disable your caps lockm and use reasonable fonts, you post looks really annoying, and was considering not answering it at all, anyway, only read couple of first lines.

And the answer would be to look into PSY simulation ocumentation.

thank u for ur concern...will follow what u hav said...n what's that PSY simulation ocumentation.sorry didn't get u..

Like your font a lot better. Wiki only has a stub for this one: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Simulation_PSY

But our SDK help documentation has all the information you need. Just open the SDK help,click the search tab, and write "psy" on the search field, and it should be on the top of the list.

hi...the link which u have sent contains some nokia installation sis file...i don't need a application utility that would do what i quoted...i need a enhancement in the programming that would do what i said..please reply me with a code that would be required to change the existing examples of location and landmark widgets inorder to get new location values when the widget is made to run on the emulator...

As said it was nearly impossible to read your first post, thus now I copy-pasted it to notepad to get it readable. Anyway, the SDK help shows on how to make the PSY simulation work, so then you should indeed get different values whe n querying location within the emulator.

and for landmarks, you could always try accessing the landmarks database with the application (though did not check whether it is in the emulator, just assuming that it is) and modifying the values with it.

hi...please do go through the widget examples in sdk(location and landmark) and suggest me with alteration that i can do in javascript file inorder to get different set of locations when i "add new lanmarks" in landmark widget example or when i click "Get location" in location widget example..please do help me regarding the changes that i can do in these javascript files...i don't really need entire code that would do the required thing...but i need an idea of how to do this...it would be very helpful if u provide me with. the entire code that would do the required thing itself..please do help me..i'm stuck at this that is causing my final year project to be halted...i'm not a usual widget developer..i have installed the 5th edition sdk and i'm used to the exaple widgets that is their in the installation folder of widget examples within sdk installation..please do help me in this regard...