I recently implemented a small Symbian application which uses Google static map API for navigation.
I would like to make it open source and develop it together with those who are interested.
I have implemented the browsing feature. Basically user can browse the map by pressing navigation key and also zoom feature is implemented.
My recent plan is to add the following features to the program:
1. GPS postioning
2. Allow user to input address and mark it in the map
3. show interested places nearby , like pizza, restaurant.
4. "route from" and "route to" feature
5. save favorate location as landmark
6. upload pictures to google map
If you are interested and want to contribute, you can contact me by this email guoqing.zhang(at)tut.fi
I can zip the code to you. The code is under GPL license so you have to deliver your changes back to the community if you find any bug or implement any new feature. I will merge the changes from different developers into one common baseline and distribute it back to the community by email.
Hope to hear from you soon